Migrating to Win7 and WPI 8.03

Hello,

I'm using WPI since version 4 and still using WPI v6.2 until now with WinXP and I'm just happy with it. It works like a charm :thumbup

I plan migrating to Win7 and I've updated on june 2010 all my progs (>200) most of these progs are Win7 compatible. Can I use my config.js with the newest WPI v8.03?

If so, what I've to take care migrating Win7 and WPI v8.03?

Regards

Hello!

Yes, just copy/paste your "config.js" inside the new "WPI\WPIScripts". The file "config.js" will be updated!

Your older "config.js" (version 6.2) is saved as "config-orig.js" inside "WPIScripts"!

The last WPI version is 8.1.0

Regards

Edited by myselfidem

• 2 weeks later...

Hello myselfidem,

I proceed as Kels advised in How to upgrade your WPI!, it works like a charm. :thumbup

Thank you

BTW, as the new softwares are GB sized, I'm looking for buiding 2 DVDs, the first will contain Windows 7 and office 2010 (4GB), the second all other softwares.

1) Do WPI 8.1 handle/manage several DVDs (ie: DVD1,DVD2... insert)? If so, what's the option?

2) It is possible, that the first DVD will install Windows 7 and office 2010. Then WPI is launched and ask to insert the second DVD? If so, how?

Regards

Hello coucou! :rolleyes:

You can download the "Tools archive" with CDSwitch include, but I see that it is missing! Weird

If you have an older WPI version you have it, but with "Tools"!

Tools archive

Norton Internet Security 2010 try to delete the "CDSwitch.exe" and "CDswitchGenerator.exe" files because detection "Downloader"; inside my older DVD with Windows XP!

But it's a false positive:

CDSwitch.exe (download)

Regards

Edited by myselfidem

• 3 months later...

BTW, as the new softwares are GB sized, I'm looking for buiding 2 DVDs, the first will contain Windows 7 and office 2010 (4GB), the second all other softwares.

1) Do WPI 8.1 handle/manage several DVDs (ie: DVD1,DVD2... insert)? If so, what's the option?

2) It is possible, that the first DVD will install Windows 7 and office 2010. Then WPI is launched and ask to insert the second DVD? If so, how?

HERE TheCDVD-Switcher script that i wrote

Enjoy

Edited by coucou