BSOD after sysprepping

so the people that still use ghost, have to image the machine with the wim file and then make the ghost file?, is this correct?. As for as I know you cannot image down a wim file using ghost only imagex, correct?

If I am using WIMs I create the master image in VMWare, and non boot critical drivers to a sub folder of c:\windows\inf, sysprep and capture a WIM. Then use DISM to inject the boot critical drivers.

There are groups in my department that use my master VM and modify it and deploy it to their department machines and some of those still use Ghost, but I don't know that we have any machines that require any boot critical device drivers at boot up. I install the Intel chipset drivers to be on the safe side as all of our machines are Intel based Lenovo laptops or desktops.

the ones using ghost use the VMDK (virtual machine disk file) instead of a GHO file. So they sysprep the VM after making changes and then run ghost and point to the VMDK instead of pointing to a GHO file. Believe this option was added with the ghost solution suite 2, might have been v2.5 though.

They don't get the WIM at all I give them a clone of the VM.

so this VM file how do you deal with boot-crtical devices?, if you can't inject them using dsim into the vm file?. To inject files it has to be a wim file ?

the ones using ghost use the VMDK (virtual machine disk file) instead of a GHO file. So they sysprep the VM after making changes and then run ghost and point to the VMDK instead of pointing to a GHO file. Believe this option was added with the ghost solution suite 2, might have been v2.5 though.

They don't get the WIM at all I give them a clone of the VM.

I rcvd a response from my coworkers. The only thing they did with drivers was to copy the drivers to a sub-folder structure within c:\windows\inf they did nothing to specifically add boot critical drivers to image. So we may just be lucky since all of the system we normally deploy to would be using intel sata or ide controllers not in any raid configuration.

I rcvd a response from my coworkers. The only thing they did with drivers was to copy the drivers to a sub-folder structure within c:\windows\inf they did nothing to specifically add boot critical drivers to image. So we may just be lucky since all of the system we normally deploy to would be using intel sata or ide controllers not in any raid configuration.

To bad I was hoping to learn how to add critical boot drivers via the sysprep.xml. Nevertheless I thank you for your response and time,