BSOD after sysprepping

Not using wim file, we use ghost. I put all my drivers in C:\Drivers (from bashrats) pointed the devicepath to c:\drivers in the registry. I did my initial test on a vmware virtual, and it BSOD-ED I will try it on actual hardware next. The drive type on the virtual says scsi I believe.

7B == INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE. So, what's the boot device (raid, ahci, chipset, etc) and have you integrated drivers for it into your WIM (given the error, I'm pretty sure the latter is "no").

It seems that no drivers are being installed from the C:\Drivers

I have changed HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\DevicePath in the registry to point to C:\Drivers.

Is there anything I have to do in my sysprep.xml file to make this happen as well?

Could be - if you add the vmware drivers that the additions install, you should be able to use it on VMWare as well.

Is there anything I have to do in my sysprep.xml file to make this happen as well?

If you are using ghost, you *must* ghost from the real hardware.

The cannot install the device driver for a boot device, it *must* be already installed in the image.

Cheers

Derek

If you are using ghost, you *must* ghost from the real hardware.

The cannot install the device driver for a boot device, it *must* be already installed in the image.

Cheers

Derek

The driver is in the c:\drivers folder but I believe that noo drivers at all are being installed from the C:\Drivers during the sysprep process.

I guess I have to test on real hardware. Something I was hoping to avoid to the later stages.

Before I test

1. I have put all the drivers in C:\DRIVERS

2. I have pointed the devicepath in the registry to C:\Drivers

is that all I have to do before I seal with sysprep. should I mention the drivers folder in the sysprep.xml file as well, or is it not needed.

I've never been lucky getting vmware drivers to work from sysprep.xml - I've only had luck using dism to slipstream them into the boot and install wim files directly.

This is why I switched from using ghost to using WIMs. Much easier in Vista and Win7 to add the boot critical drivers via DISM to the WIM than to get them installed via Sysprep or any other method.

On another note you can ghost from VMWare without any issue as long as the boot critical drivers are there. I build all of my images in VMWare and have deployed those images to physical hardware without any issue using both Ghost and WIM. Ghost makes it easy in that ou can use the VMDK directly instead of having to create the GHO file first.

So let me get this straight, you make a master in Vmware, make the wim, inject all the drivers you need via dsim into the wim then imaged it back down to the virtual and make your ghost image?

This is why I switched from using ghost to using WIMs. Much easier in Vista and Win7 to add the boot critical drivers via DISM to the WIM than to get them installed via Sysprep or any other method.

On another note you can ghost from VMWare without any issue as long as the boot critical drivers are there. I build all of my images in VMWare and have deployed those images to physical hardware without any issue using both Ghost and WIM. Ghost makes it easy in that ou can use the VMDK directly instead of having to create the GHO file first.

If I am using WIMs I create the master image in VMWare, and non boot critical drivers to a sub folder of c:\windows\inf, sysprep and capture a WIM. Then use DISM to inject the boot critical drivers.

There are groups in my department that use my master VM and modify it and deploy it to their department machines and some of those still use Ghost, but I don't know that we have any machines that require any boot critical device drivers at boot up. I install the Intel chipset drivers to be on the safe side as all of our machines are Intel based Lenovo laptops or desktops.