problem restarting

Cosmin3

If we are talking about an already installed copy of Windows, you could open Security Center from Control Panel, find "Change the way Security Center alerts me" (or something like that) on your left and untick "Notify me about Automatic Updates" (again, or something like that). Sorry for not being too precise, but I have removed Security Center through nLite and I'm doing this from memory. But, I presume you already knew this :yes:

Cheers

I doubt there is a way. OOBE is a all or nothing proposition.

Ok, thanks anyway.

If we are talking about an already installed copy of Windows, you could open Security Center from Control Panel, find "Change the way Security Center alerts me" (or something like that) on your left and untick "Notify me about Automatic Updates" (again, or something like that). Sorry for not being too precise, but I have removed Security Center through nLite and I'm doing this from memory. But, I presume you already knew this :yes:

Cheers

Thank you, but it's about the XP CD (installation files).

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

; Start Button Balloon Tip on first run - Dont Show

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced]
"StartButtonBalloonTip"=dword:00000002

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

; Start Button Balloon Tip on first run - Dont Show

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced]
"StartButtonBalloonTip"=dword:00000002

Thank you.

Unfortunately it doesn't work as an addon (like the other tweaks). But it's not a big problem...

But I'm sure it can be added as a .reg file through cmdlines.txt (T-12) ;)

Edit: stupid typo.

Maybe it can but this is not the problem. The problem is that it has no effect if added during T-n.

How I did: I converted the reg file into an exe file, with exe file I made an addon. The addon I used it in nlite. The registry settings are added during T-12..13.

After install I see the hint; I run regedit and check that location - there is no StartButtonBalloonTip.

If I go on XP CD and I run \I386\SVCPACK\Tweaks.exe I see StartButtonBalloonTip in registry.

Edited by Cosmin3

Well, why not run the .exe (or the .reg) file at first logon then? You can do both by invoking the installer or regedit, it is documented and very easy to do.

I know I can do this but I was trying to make the installation as unattended as possible + without files copied from XP CD to Windows drive (automatically or manually).

The file won't copy if you execute it from a batch file with a path that points to the CD.

e.g.

regedit /s %source%$OEM$\Folder\regfile.reg
or
start /wait %source%$OEM$\Folder\program.exe

A few weeks ago I was talking about something similar in the same thread and I said that it works to find %source% if it's on CD but sometimes I use an USB stick and installation files are not in root, so %source% has no use.

OK, try this. After nLite finishes processing but before you burn the ISO, edit winnt.sif. Under [GuiRunOnce] add this line...

REG ADD "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced" /v StartButtonBalloonTip /t REG_DWORD /d 2 /f