problem restarting

Cosmin3

Thank you.

I downloaded the program, I did what you said and I got a cab file.

In ini file:

[General]
builddate=
description=European font update
language=English (United States)
title=European font update
version=6.00.2800.1168
website=

[EditFile]
I386\SVCPACK.INF,SetupHotfixesToRun,AddProgram
[AddProgram]
EUupdate.exe /Q

The problem is this:

problemt.png

Same thing is asking if it's installed normally.

Maybe there is a parameter to suppress this message but I don't know where to search...

"EUupdate.exe /?" is showing me 4 of them but I don't see any for this...

I don't know why it would be asking for a reboot since I tested it on my live system and it just installs silently.

Perhaps run it from GuiRunOnce along with your reg reg tweaks. Place it in the $OEM$ temp folder you are already using and add this command: WHATEVER_THE_PATH_IS_HERE\Temp\EUupdate.exe /Q.

The nLite add-ons run at T-13 minutes. GuiRunOnce runs right before first log on.

Hi Cosmin3

Try this. Install EUupdate.exe manually (On VM or actual host PC), allow reboot.

After reboot, go to

C:\WINDOWS\Fonts

and copy off these files to other locations:

arial.ttf

arialbd.ttf

arialbi.ttf

ariali.ttf

times.ttf

timesbd.ttf

timesbi.ttf

timesi.ttf

trebuc.ttf

trebucbd.ttf

trebucbi.ttf

trebucit.ttf

verdana.ttf

verdanab.ttf

verdanai.ttf

verdanaz.ttf

Then SFX it for T13 installation. Fonts should be registered since it is just an update of the same font name.

Check that it exist: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Fonts

I don't know why it would be asking for a reboot since I tested it on my live system and it just installs silently.

On my OS always asks for reboot.

Perhaps run it from GuiRunOnce along with your reg reg tweaks. Place it in the $OEM$ temp folder you are already using and add this command: WHATEVER_THE_PATH_IS_HERE\Temp\EUupdate.exe /Q.

The nLite add-ons run at T-13 minutes. GuiRunOnce runs right before first log on.

-X-, your ideea is good but I need a completly "unattended" installation.

Hi Cosmin3

Try this. Install EUupdate.exe manually (On VM or actual host PC), allow reboot.

After reboot, go to

C:\WINDOWS\Fonts

and copy off these files to other locations:

arial.ttf

arialbd.ttf

arialbi.ttf

ariali.ttf

times.ttf

timesbd.ttf

timesbi.ttf

timesi.ttf

trebuc.ttf

trebucbd.ttf

trebucbi.ttf

trebucit.ttf

verdana.ttf

verdanab.ttf

verdanai.ttf

verdanaz.ttf

Then SFX it for T13 installation. Fonts should be registered since it is just an update of the same font name.

Check that it exist: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Fonts

Hi. With the font files I've made a Winrar sfx archive. The comment looks like this:

;The comment below contains SFX script commands

Path=%windir%\Fonts
SavePath
Silent=1
Overwrite=1

But the problem is this:

capture1qw.png

I press Ok and I get this:

capture2wm.png

I guess those font files can't be overwritten not even during setup.

I have another idea: how about compressing those files as *.tt_ and overwritting original font files from I386 folder? With a *.cmd I can do this before the last stage in nlite (making Iso).

Is it ok..?

If it is, with what program I can compress in *.tt_?

Cabtool. I cant live without it! http://www.mediafire.com/?iy2mzndytgz

That's the installer and I'm not sure what it does. I just have the single executable in a folder and then have a shortcut in my sendto folder. It will make the .dl_, tt_, etc (I believe they are still called cab compressed files) if you highlight a single file. If you take a folder and sendto it will make a .cab file out of it.

The reason I was saying to run it from GuiRunOnce was that maybe it wouldn't ask for a reboot then. Did you try the font pack on a already setup system? Did it ask for a reboot?

Cabtool. I cant live without it! http://www.mediafire.com/?iy2mzndytgz

That's the installer and I'm not sure what it does. I just have the single executable in a folder and then have a shortcut in my sendto folder. It will make the .dl_, tt_, etc (I believe they are still called cab compressed files) if you highlight a single file. If you take a folder and sendto it will make a .cab file out of it.

I will try with this program. Thank you.

Later edit: virus problem - http://www.virustotal.com/file-scan/report.html?id=49cf9df8c61bd482f1a08684b898b5616d4ef7cdc29757cfe7ea2566c09e10a4-1263597939

I think it's a false positive, but I have to be 100% sure...

The reason I was saying to run it from GuiRunOnce was that maybe it wouldn't ask for a reboot then. Did you try the font pack on a already setup system? Did it ask for a reboot?

On a already setup system I get the reboot question even if I try with /q parameter. If the update is already installed it doesn't ask (totally silent/quiet).

Later later edit: the problem searching a good cab tool is solved. I remembered that years ago I found in Windows folder a tool to compress. I look for it and found it: %windir%\system32\makecab.exe.

Seems to compress fine...

Edited by Cosmin3

Holy crap! That's a different one than the one on my system. Try this (the executable only) http://www.mediafire.com/?cz7k3ebp74wh4p2

Edit: No, wait. It is the same one (once installed). The installer is what shows all those infections. I tested it in a sandbox and see no unusual activity so I'm pretty sure they are all false positives.

They even have it here: http://www.wincert.net/forum/index.php?/topic/2156-addon-cabtool-v18-in-sendto-style-build2/

It's the same version (1.8) but it has an actual icon.

Edited by -X-

Later later edit: the problem searching a good cab tool is solved. I remembered that years ago I found in Windows folder a tool to compress. I look for it and found it: %windir%\system32\makecab.exe.

Seems to compress fine...

Yeah but it's not as good as this thing. You cant use the sendto function. Cabtool compresses AND decompresses. Does folders. I cant live without it anymore. :thumbup

Yeah but it's not as good as this thing. You cant use the sendto function. Cabtool compresses AND decompresses. Does folders. I cant live without it anymore. :thumbup

For makecab you can create a SendTo shortcut.

But you're right, cab tool is a good choice for those who frequently compress/decompress.

I have tested this method of integrating the fonts update and it works fine.

I have a few more questions but I think I'll wait a few days :sneaky:

Edited by Cosmin3

1. Is there any way to disable showing and waiting for these 2:

"Press F6 if you need to install a third party SCSI or RAID driver"

"Press F2 to run Automated System Recovery (ASR)..."

I never used them and I will never use them.

2. I don't want to stop Imapi service but I want "Enable CD Recording on this drive" unchecked. Sometimes I install with CD Writer and/or DVD Writer connected (to power source and motherboard), sometimes disconnected (I install from USB stick).

If I use this:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\CD Burning]
"DriveIndex"=-

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\CD Burning]
"CD Recorder Drive"=""

then will it work in both situations..? I mean if a drive was connected during install, it will be unchecked; if I connect the drive later then it should stay unchecked.

3. In Tweaks >> General >> Internet Explorer I checked "Disable Outlook Express link Creation" but I still see the link in Start Menu after installation.

Is it a bug..? And is there another way to disable the creation of this link..?

4. I know how to set in nlite user variables Temp and TMP but how do I change for system variables..?

5. How do I change My Documents path..?

6. How do I deactivate the creation of "Programs >> Remote Assistance" and "Programs >> Accessories >> Remote Desktop Connection" links?

Later edit:

7. Is there any way to load that tweaks reg file so Windows wouldn't have to be restarted? Most of those settings need restart if the reg file is loaded during startup...

Edited by Cosmin3

1. No

2. Don't know

3. You could edit winnt.sif before ISO creation by adding this....

[Components]

OEAccess=off

4. Don't know what you mean by system variables

5. With a reg file

Example:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Shell Folders]
"Personal"="D:\\MyDocs"

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders]
"Personal"="D:\\MyDocs"

6. You could delete the shortcut file with a batch file called from GuiRunOnce

7. Let me think about it

Thank you.

3. Ok, I'll do that until the setting from nlite will work properly.

captureaxqk.png

6. Yes I could. I thought there is a setting in nlite for this (or in winnt.sif), that's why I asked.

7. I found a solution: with reg2exe I make a exe, from exe I make an addon and I use the addon in nlite. I already tested and it works fine :)

Later edit: Oh, and I found the setup log for IE8. It was in %windir%\ie8_main.log. I attached it to this post.

ie8_main.zip

Edited by Cosmin3

4 You could use the set command from GuiRunOnce. Type set /? at a command prompt for help. Or, you could do via registry.... HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Environment

4 You could use the set command from GuiRunOnce. Type set /? at a command prompt for help. Or, you could do via registry.... HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Environment

Ok.

I've added the setup log of IE8 to the previous post because some time ago you mentioned it. Yes, now I slipstream IE8 but I still want to know what is wrong in case that I use an installation without. You see, I made 3 installation cds. One with IE8 included and 2 without.

Could you please have a look at that log..?

Thank you.

3 CDs? Are they for personal use? nLite is only for personal use.

Regarding the log file, I'm no expert in reading them but is that from a failed install? I don't see any massive failure there.