Problem with Outlook

Freda

I've never previously found a use for the various features in Outlook, but I installed it earlier today to see what options it offers for backing up emails (I was prompted by the export command in Outlook Express).

I exported my emails to it, but decided the way it works wasn't a helpful option for me, so I deleted the files I'd brought in from Outlook Express. So I now had Outlook installed and no need for it. I noticed three or four gigabytes of hard disk space had been taken up by something, and I'm assuming that's due to Outlook.

I went to add and remove programs, but there's no listing for Outlook either in the intial section or in the Windows components section, so I can't see any way to remove it. I'd be grateful for any advice on getting rid of it.

- thanks

Run the installer again. I think it gives you the option to repair and uninstall.

This should be in the Office forum. Not XP.

Thanks for that. I'd forgotten that Outlook is part of Office and not an intrinsic part of Windows. I've now got rid of it.

It turns out the problem with used hard drive space is due to a bug in Outlook Express when it has more emails than Microsoft expects people to have. I've been battling this problem for a long time, but I didn't realise it was causing the disk usage problem this time round. I've now been able to address that as well, now I've been able to eliminate Outlook from the equation.

- thanks