Zlclient not responding

frogman

Just recently when I boot up it seems there is a problem with the Zlclient, in that out of the 2 programs that normally load in the system tray only the Avast icon loads, this problem is intermittent.

When this happens of course my internet connection is lost, when it happened at first I used to restart the computer, but now what I do is press alt ctrl delete, and finish the not responding task, then I go to the Zone Alarm program and open it, and doing this usually works and opens up my internet connection again plus Zone Alarm.

Windows 98 S.E

ZoneAlarm version:6.1.744.000

TrueVector version:6.1.744.000

Driver version:6.1.744.000

Edited by frogman

• 2 months later...

Just recently when I boot up it seems there is a problem with the Zlclient, in that out of the 2 programs that normally load in the system tray only the Avast icon loads, this problem is intermittent.

When this happens of course my internet connection is lost, when it happened at first I used to restart the computer, but now what I do is press alt ctrl delete, and finish the not responding task, then I go to the Zone Alarm program and open it, and doing this usually works and opens up my internet connection again plus Zone Alarm.

Windows 98 S.E

ZoneAlarm version:6.1.744.000

TrueVector version:6.1.744.000

Driver version:6.1.744.000

No experience with your version of ZA, however, FWIW, I am using version 5.5.094.000 and it's perfectly behaved. I tried a bunch of other firewalls of other makes, all of which were extremely unstable. The first version I tried of ZA was 5.5.094.000, and since it actually worked (shock!), that was the end of my quest.

Joe.

Since I configured KernelEx to Windows 98 for Zone Alarm it now loads in the system tray.

I'm using KernelEx without any special settings for ZA 5.5.094.000 and it's all good.

I think CharlesF is saying the same thing for his version..

Maybe your newer version of ZA has different execution for 9X vs. NT, so with KernelEx installed, it's making the wrong choice.

Joe.

• 2 weeks later...

Since I configured KernelEx to Windows 98 for Zone Alarm it now loads in the system tray.

I'm using KernelEx without any special settings for ZA 5.5.094.000 and it's all good.

I think CharlesF is saying the same thing for his version..

Maybe your newer version of ZA has different execution for 9X vs. NT, so with KernelEx installed, it's making the wrong choice.

Joe.

I've now set ZA to default and will see if the fault persists.