WPI v8.1.0 Bug Report Thread

Ok, I found a great post here:

http://www.ureader.com/msg/1675551.aspx

It mentions using Sleep methods in the following free ActiveX components:

ScriptX from Meadroid

AutoItX from AutoIt

But most importantly, it also links to a hack detailed here:

http://forum.script-coding.info/viewtopic.php?pid=29243#p29243

I have actually test the hack and it works great and is my best recommendation so wpi doesn't have to register any com dlls and use another third party utility.

:))

Edited by icnocop

Hello everyone! I have a problem with W.P.I. v8.1.0, the keys start installation, configuration, options, have problems when you go over with the mouse, they can not seem to recognize the presence of the pointer. There is a solution to this problem? Using the theme 7Matrix, I changed a few pictures, but the problem is the same. I suggest that "space control" is smaller than the image of the button, but I have not found solution to this. Thank you all for the work you do. Forgive my English, I use a web translator.

Thanks

I'm not load the whole folder of the theme, as it is too big (even the original) is still an error that is repeated in other issues, those included in the package WPI 8.1 that I download from the official site ... it 's graph immediately gave the error on different themes, and even if I changed something I could not solve ...

Edited by mondojose

• 2 weeks later...

I have a issue with WPI and IE8, while runing WPI the advanced options in IE8 are changed to enable script debugging. If you close down WPI these options are disabled again which really isnt a issue. The problem comes when you run the installer, afterwards the options remain enabled. This results in script error pop ups while surfing (this site included) after a install, unless you manually go and change the settings back in the advanced options of IE.

Cool but that brings me onto the next issue, I tried to play around and see if I could find a way to change the reg keys at the end of the wizard. At this point I discovered that if you have install by categorise option checked, the install order in the config settings are completely ignored even within the categories.

I don't know if this is a bug or by design, but I thought it would worth a mention.

I'm not sure if WPI caused my problem or not. Maybe someone here will have some ideas for me?

I successfully opened 8.1 maybe 20 times, added 44 programs to config. Now it will not stay open. I have tried a new source.

If there is an error, it disappears faster than it can be seen. The same time it closes these are logged in event viewer:

Failed extract of third-party root list from auto update cab at: <http://www.download.windowsupdate.com/msdownload/update/v3/static/trustedr/en/authrootstl.cab> with error: A required certificate is not within its validity period when verifying against the current system clock or the timestamp in the signed file.

Failed auto update retrieval of third-party root list sequence number from: <http://www.download.windowsupdate.com/msdownload/update/v3/static/trustedr/en/authrootseq.txt> with error: This operation returned because the timeout period expired.

Here's a video I recorded using Mona's Free Screen Recorder Addon:

WPI.avi

Edited by thedexmonster

Along with not being able to configure WPI. It is also no longer working within windows setup.

Error 1: Out of memory at line: 125 When WPI Opens Picture

Error 2: Stack overflow at line: 112 Changing Defaults Picture

Error 3: Script error on line 57 at char 2: dxhWins is null or not an object url: alerts.js Clicking Exit Picture

Can anyone help? I have spent a lot of hours configuring this to find out it no longer works. As far as I know nothing was done in between it working and not. I took a break to watch a movie on netflix. Came back to find it not opening.