This might sound strange

candle86

Ok I'm opening a computer store, signed my lease this morning. Now I worked in a shop for the last 4 years and decided to move into my own, as I didn't like the way we treated customers there. Now we had a set of system disks, for Windows 98, Windows 98SE, Windows Me, Windows NT4, Windows 2000, Windows XP Home, Windows XP Pro, MCE 2005, Vista 32bit, Vista 64bit, Windows 7 all versions.

Now I have personal copies of 98SE, ME, XP Home, XP Pro, MCE 2005, Vista 32bit and Vista 64bit. But NT 4.0, 2000, and 98FE are well hard to come by. But Where can i find a copy of 98FE, NT 4.0 and 2000 cheaply, I need them only as reinstall Media, I don't need key's, just disks so if they have there COA but forget there media i can work on the system. Any ideas?

And I talked to the OEM Distributor i signed up with I can only get Windows 7 and Server 2008, so getting a set of older disks for this is out of the question. As for any confusion, this is not for pirating, anyone that works in a shop knows what im talking about and why these kind of disk's are needed. I worked on quite a few older box's working there, I even got the great displeasure of troubleshooting a Windows 3.1 system a church used for its media program that wouldn't work on 95 or newer. So these old disks while not urgent will most likly crop up, and telling a customer I can't fix it because they don't have the original disk and just the key code means i loose bussiness.

Edited by candle86

Well technically, the discs themselves should be very cheap unless somehow they are collector's items. The major part of the price for an OS is the license. If you can find just the media with no key (presuming its the correct media for you) then it *should* be cheaper, but then again maybe not! :rolleyes: