how to create the MINI XP

morokat

:hello:

Both Mini XP and Hiren's Boot CD contains warez. If you are in-fact asking about how to create a Windows XP for Thin Clients, that is another story. I suppose it is possible with WinPE (I think BS Explorer is like this) but likely a better option is XP Embedded. If you are asking about Mini XP or Hiren's Boot CD, then that is another story.

If you are in-fact asking about how to create a Windows XP for Thin Clients, that is another story. I suppose it is possible with WinPE (I think BS Explorer is like this) but likely a better option is XP Embedded. If you are asking about Mini XP or Hiren's Boot CD, then that is another story.

For the record a PE 1.x is a PE 1.x, and it is EXACTLY "as a BartPE".

It can be built with both BartPE and Winbuilder (besides manually ;) ).

What is added to it as shell or as pre-set programs is entirely up to the builder.

jaclaz

If you are in-fact asking about how to create a Windows XP for Thin Clients, that is another story. I suppose it is possible with WinPE (I think BS Explorer is like this) but likely a better option is XP Embedded. If you are asking about Mini XP or Hiren's Boot CD, then that is another story.

For the record a PE 1.x is a PE 1.x, and it is EXACTLY "as a BartPE".

It can be built with both BartPE and Winbuilder (besides manually ;) ).

What is added to it as shell or as pre-set programs is entirely up to the builder.

jaclaz

how to do?

• 7 months later...

Had a look at a few Hiren cd as they say they better ones were the earlier ones. Actualy most of them as same tools and nothing specail on all of them, said earlier ones had mor to offer!

Anyway i did like the minixp and a thought why not install to vm thin it down and then put to usb.

Though i don't know how would cut down on the omph been installed unless edit xp installer or nlite it some way. Came looking for a script ui to just do this for windows xp and only found vista 7 one linked above. Not wanting to do a bart or simialr just something simple. A ui which knows all on xp with sp3 cd and user able to select and deselt. Maybe even with help explanations for what would be removed. Such as IE - internal xp internet explorer etc.. Anyone seen something like this ?

As said could do with vm, but it would be after xp install and that would be the wrong way. Or maybe my mind is turned of today and cannot think what actualy is need if so excuse for my mind having a rest day. Maybe you help it to restart wth some ideas for this :)

Edit: Actualy just having a look at nlite again after some years. Seems it really has come along way since early days. Doing this with nlite alone maybe the easiest way to make minixp, don't know how much it can slim down, but who would want to use a featurless os. When usb flash drives are big enough toeven hold full xp (or vista if it is your os liking). Anyway will have a look at nlite for now and see how it goes, really just need to get rid of ms useless software such as messenger talk thing and others, which xp unistal never does get rid of cleanly. Maybe even IE but think xp relies on that for many things even explorer needs it so i read long ago.

Edited by exogenesis

As stated in Rule #1a, this is not a warez site, nor do we discuss warez.

Hiren's Boot CD, whatever version of it, *is* warez, as is the Mini XP contained in some versions of it and, therefore, neither is acceptable subject for discussion.

Two mentions of Hiren's in the same thread are two too many... @morokat and @exogenesis: consider yourselves warned! Thread closed.