Problem with SQL 2008 in windows 7

Han Solo

I have win 7 ultimate ed 64 bit in desktop and I have installed SQL SERVER 2008. A duplicate manager program called D'peg that I have has the option for creating an mdf file but I get the following after creating it (see below). D'peg was created to run for Vista and I had D'peg running with SQL before but under win 7 it doesn't work. When I installed SQL SERVER 2008 I installed mixed mode as requested in order to run D'peg but installed 64 bit version of SQL. Maybe that's the problem. I also clearly remember that under Vista the mdf file was created and quickly became associated with the server but now I can easily delete it from the folder which is something I couldn't do before. Also should I uninstall SQL SERVER 2008. TIA

post-270144-128112439491_thumb.jpg

I have win 7 ultimate ed 64 bit in desktop and I have installed SQL SERVER 2008

Have you looked at the error message? It clearly says it can't connect to the database. Did you actually enable mixed mode auth like it's asking for?

Most likely, it requires you to setup the user beforehand as well (it has to have valid credentials & permissions to use the DB).

Having installed the 64 bit version should make no difference whatsoever.

Well I must say that I clearly remember enabling mixed mode and I am not too familiar with SQL, therefore I wouldn't know how to check. I also remember that when I did this before in vista I was able see the db in the SQL listing and was able to run settings for it in order for the program to properly. I ran D'peg as admin and I had no luck. I don't if I should install or run SQL as admin and I don't know if that's even possible. Also what would be a good way to uninstall SQL. TIA