Can't see the tabs on User CP

James_A

This arose out of trying to edit my watched topics.

If you open up User CP from the drop-down list (the link is actually http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?app=core&module=usercp) then the Settings tab opens up. The other tabs Profile and Forums (the one I actually want) are apparently present but they are invisible on my monitor because they are Black on a virtually Black background.

Can this be fixed?

I am guessing you are using the blue color scheme. At the top of the forum there is a "Choose Your Color" list you can try different color schemes out. I use the Orange one, for example, because it is easier for me to read links in posts. See if one of the other colors works out better for you.

I have been using the board defaults (first button) up till now, which turns out to be identical to the dark-blue scheme (seventh button).

Now, I've just tried all of them, with pretty dismal results all round. Some of the colour schemes are hideous when viewing the home page, others are useless when viewing the User CP:-

• default - invisible
  • green - barely visible
  • orange - visible
  • pink - visible
  • brown - barely visible
  • red - barely visible
  • dark-blue - invisible
  • violet - barely visible
  • dusty - visible

I guess I'll have to choose the least worst, which is "dusty".

Clearly none of these were designed in the UK, since almost all of them would fail the DDA (=Disability Discrimination Act) IMHO.

Since the board default is the "invisible" dark-blue, I still think it needs a fix.

Yes, it is designed in Virginia, US, where Invision Power Board Inc is located. And no, this software is definitely fail when it comes to disability browsing, but it is better than the previous version. Baby steps ;).

I switched to orange early on because the default you cannot see if someone puts a link in a text. That is something that spammers like to do. With the orange one I can see it right away. It took a little getting used to but now its a perfectly fine scheme.

Actually, no I did try Pink originally but Orange is much better... :whistle:

Actually, no I did try Pink originally ...

:lol:

So did I... :blushing:

Actually, "dusty" is working out OK for me, but as a former (now retired) SuperMod on another board, I fully understand your point about the links.