How do you get other themes to work?

MrBiggz

I saw this option to be able to wrap other msstyles into the install. So I went to skinz.org found a few theme to try and put them into an install. When the ISO was made it succeeded on that step. The XP install has those themes when you change it from desktop properties. But nothing happen, evething stays the same! Is there a step I'm missing?

Did you enable unsigned themes support? It may help to know exactly which themes you tried integrating if you'd be kind enough to provide links to them. And please attach your Last Session.ini file as stated in red above.

optionspatches.png

Edited by 5eraph

Did you enable unsigned themes support? It may help to know exactly which themes you tried integrating if you'd be kind enough to provide links to them. And please attach your Last Session.ini file as stated in red above.

optionspatches.png

Sorry about that .. wrote that post while at work on my cell phone.

Here's a link to one of the themes --> http://www.skinbase.org/rate.php?skins=37074

Yes I did have enable unsigned themes support enabled. And I attached the ini file too! Sorry! LAST SESSION.INI

Update (8/3/10 @ 10:26) : I have a few themes working. I'm going to try and remove the spaces and extra long names from the folders going into Nlite and see if that does anything!

Edited by MrBiggz

• 1 month later...

hello every one. i'm new here and also with nlite... i do enabling the unsigned theme support when i use nlite 1.4.9.1 in my winxp installer and use one of themes i had, selected it as default theme but after installing the windows the appearance is set to windows classic style while my wallpaper and icon settings with my computer, mydocuments etc is working fine, also the my theme is on listed on THEME drop down menu then when i browse it an error appeared that the theme in service is not running goto control panel/Administrative Tools/management and run it...

is there anyone can help me with this? thank you and God bless.

hello every one. i'm new here and also with nlite... i do enabling the unsigned theme support when i use nlite 1.4.9.1 in my winxp installer and use one of themes i had, selected it as default theme but after installing the windows the appearance is set to windows classic style while my wallpaper and icon settings with my computer, mydocuments etc is working fine, also the my theme is on listed on THEME drop down menu then when i browse it an error appeared that the theme in service is not running goto control panel/Administrative Tools/management and run it...

is there anyone can help me with this? thank you and God bless.

conrad77, we need to see your Last Session.ini as requested in BOLD RED letters above. Have you used this theme before on another system? Please post a screen shot of the error message you get when you try to activate the theme. If it is not in English, please let us know what it says. Enjoy, John.

thanks john

here is the last session that i made.

Last Session.ini

yes i used the theme in other system and its works fine.

here is the error i got when i want to select or open a theme:

post-305586-065015000 1286044304_thumb.j

but when i do the thing in the error and start the theme service my theme and appearance get work.

post-305586-039051300 1286044353_thumb.j

my question is it possible to make the theme work directly after the windows installation and no need to do the thing which mention in that error message? thank you.

Edited by conrad77

thanks john

here is the last session that i made.

Last Session.ini

yes i used the theme in other system and its works fine.

here is the error i got when i want to select or open a theme:

post-305586-065015000 1286044304_thumb.j

but when i do the thing in the error and start the theme service my theme and appearance get work.

post-305586-039051300 1286044353_thumb.j

my question is it possible to make the theme work directly after the windows installation and no need to do the thing which mention in that error message? thank you.

conrad77, your Last Session.ini indicates that you have Themes set to Default (DesktopTheme = Default||). You should go into Unattended Task, Desktop Themes tab and let nLite handle your theme. There is help in the lower right corner for assistance. I install my theme this way and it is active when my install is complete. Ponch may be correct, but I suspect the Default is Automatic. I do not know why your Theme Service is not running. I am on my W7 system right now and looked at my Theme Service. It is set to Automatic. Have you run nLite more than once against the same source? You should always start with a fresh copy of your CD files/folders and run nLite only once. Enjoy, John.

yes Ponch i did...

i found the problem... when i integrate the wmp11 with WMP11 INTEGRATOR the error comes... is wmp11 can integrate with nlite? thanks and God bless.

conrad77, don't know what "WMP11 INTEGRATOR" is. With nLite, I use WMP11 Slipstreamer by Booogy. It is compatible with nLite. Searching will find the DL. Enjoy, John.