are there modified boot.wim?

Are there a customized boot.wim for Windows 7? I am tired of injecting drivers into the boot.wim for some of my old computers. Thus, just wondering are there a custom-made boot.wim??? or are there any easy method to inject drivers into boot.wim instead of using imagex?

Are there a customized boot.wim for Windows 7? I am tired of injecting drivers into the boot.wim for some of my old computers. Thus, just wondering are there a custom-made boot.wim??? or are there any easy method to inject drivers into boot.wim instead of using imagex?

bbmak, I think RT7Lite will inject drivers into boot image. Please see thread above. Enjoy, John.

Hey bbmak, one option that you may prefer is using Mr. Jinje's DISM Tool. I'll post the link below. Have a good day.

Mr. Jinje's DISM Tool Thread

Kevin

Thank you guys, I will try all your methods, and will report back later. Just wondering why MSFT not inject more drivers into the boot.wim. I thought the issue has resolved during Windows 7 b/c I have to do the same thing in Vista too.

Microsoft injects drivers for common hardware, but only for vendors that supply signed (and tested) drivers to Microsoft for inclusion, from what I understand. They can't just go out and redistribute other vendors' drivers at will.