Network printer lost connectivity

dear all,

Hi I am a network admin. in my office printer is shared and i get connected with printer from another pc by accessing the printer attached computer and connecting the shared printer but the problem is some time it automatically lost the printer so I need to re connect with the printer but some times it fail to re-connect with printer it shows the following when i try to connect with printer. I can access every file and folder of that computer but online unable to connect with the printer. I gave the static ip to every computer in my network. What is the problem ... I request you all profession to help me. and what is the main cause of this problem

post-134862-128065263119_thumb.jpg

Edited by Tripredacus
edited title. please read rule 11

Without a simultaneous network trace from both client using the printer and server hosting the print queue/printer, it's hard to say. All we know is that the connection failed - the network trace would tell us if it's a network problem or not.

Without a simultaneous network trace from both client using the printer and server hosting the print queue/printer, it's hard to say. All we know is that the connection failed - the network trace would tell us if it's a network problem or not.

there is not so vast network its a simple network.. a fortigate firewall connected with cisco manageable swich and manageable switch is connected with a simple digicom switch and all the networked computer is within that network and stastic ip is given to each computer

That's great, but we still need a network trace to tell you what did (or did not) happen over the wire when you went to use the non-working printer and subsequently got that error.

the printer is working perfectly but other networked computer can not connect with that printer some times network computer can connect with that printer and work and some time it can not get connection.. but all the shared files & folder is accessible in that computer with which the printer is attached

Again, that's wonderful to know. Without data, I cannot help you, and you seem adamant in not doing something basic like taking a network trace for a potential network printing issue. As a network admin, you'd think you'd have done this already and would have had the data asked for. Good luck - I'll leave you to others to assist, but I'm done.