hotfixes and the /quiet switch and others

MrBiggz

Hi!

Man, I really hate to sound so noobish, but, when I finally get to the step to create the install image and its doing the hotfixes there are many of them that want switches. I used nlite once before might have been a year or so ago but I don't recall having this problem. How do you get around it?

Secondly, I saw some steps how you can include as addons things like Firefox, Thunderbird and others. This is the tutorial I'm talking about. When it gets to that step it wants to try and install Firefox on my machine. Bizarre!

Hope you can help .. I appreciate it!

Thx u much!

p.s. I'll attache the preset file I had been saving through the process.Mimi PC.ini

nLite cannot integrate all the hotfixes in your .ini, only some...these are some that are not supported

gdidettool.exe
HMTCDWizard_enu.exe
Windows-KB909520-v1.000-x86-ENU.exe
WindowsSearch-KB940157-XP-x86-enu.exe
IE8-WindowsXP-x86-ENU.exe

Nor can it integrate regular installers like

Firefox Setup 3.6.8.exe
Thunderbird Setup 3.1.1.exe
winamp5581_full_emusic-7plus_en-us.exe
wlsetup-web.exe

Also IE8 nor WMP11 can be integrated by nLite (look for addons to these)

You are better off using a updatepack, look over on ryanvm.net/forum you will find a few

Sorry for the double post, I hit reply instead of edit

Edited by ricktendo64

nLite cannot integrate all the hotfixes in your .ini, only some...these are some that are not supported

Nor can it integrate regular installers like

Also IE8 nor WMP11 can be integrated by nLite (look for addons to these)

You are better off using a updatepack, look over on ryanvm.net/forum you will find a few

Sorry for the double post, I hit reply instead of edit

I'll bounce over there and take a look! Plus I saw that addon section in the forums just above these threads. UGH! I'm trying my hand at making the addons with the nlite add-on maker. Although it does seem that some of the cab files generated are huge!! (i.e. Thunderbird was over a gig) And all I was doing is telling it a silent install.

No worry about the double post! And thanks for that little tid bit of info!

When using the add-on maker it will scoop up anything in the installer's folder. Put the Thunderbird installer in it's own empty folder and you wont get it being over a gig.

When using the add-on maker it will scoop up anything in the installer's folder. Put the Thunderbird installer in it's own empty folder and you wont get it being over a gig.

Right after posting that .. I figured that one out by chance. I was sitting here going, what the?!?! I'm guessing you can't have spaces in the name. nlite keeps choking when it hits the addons.