WSUS on server 2003

1) Failed Update; look at the contents of the folder to find out which (may have installed subsequently). This can happen if the PC is shut down during Auto-Update (by turning power off).

2) From CMD Prompt, using "xxxx.exe /?" (where xxxx is a KB number/hotfix file name); the file will extract but not install, giving instead the command-line options.

3) Updates are in progress (Auto Update); the folders SHOULD disappear once all Updates are installed.

Edited by submix8c

1) Failed Update; look at the contents of the folder to find out which (may have installed subsequently). This can happen if the PC is shut down during Auto-Update (by turning power off).

2) From CMD Prompt, using "xxxx.exe /?" (where xxxx is a KB number/hotfix file name); the file will extract but not install, giving instead the command-line options.

3) Updates are in progress (Auto Update); the folders SHOULD disappear once all Updates are installed.

Ok

The important thing to me is what you said about the "folders SHOULD disappear once all Updates are installed"

If i have some update that is not yet installed because of faille or shutdown, I will check at the WSUS console to see the update that failed on that PC.

If the user deletes those folders, they still going to install next time?

• 2 weeks later...