some wired boot or startup driver not loading can anyone help?

hydroplant

here is windows 7 home premium event log thing can anyone help me out? thanks. this service whatever it is will not load like it is suppose to but i cant find any trace of it on my system.

Log Name: System

Source: Service Control Manager

Date: 7/30/2010 8:38:44 PM

Event ID: 7026

Task Category: None

Level: Error

Keywords: Classic

User: N/A

Computer: User-PC

Description:

The following boot-start or system-start driver(s) failed to load:

sensorsview

Event Xml:

<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">

<System>

<Provider Name="Service Control Manager" Guid="{555908d1-a6d7-4695-8e1e-26931d2012f4}" EventSourceName="Service Control Manager" />

<EventID Qualifiers="49152">7026</EventID>

<Version>0</Version>

<Level>2</Level>

<Task>0</Task>

<Opcode>0</Opcode>

<Keywords>0x8080000000000000</Keywords>

<TimeCreated SystemTime="2010-07-31T03:38:44.278854000Z" />

<EventRecordID>140187</EventRecordID>

<Correlation />

<Execution ProcessID="572" ThreadID="576" />

<Channel>System</Channel>

<Computer>User-PC</Computer>

<Security />

</System>

<EventData>

<Data Name="param1">

sensorsview</Data>

</EventData>

</Event>

I have looked and searched my whole computer for this sensorview thing i cant find it please if anyone has any ideas please help thanks.

Edited by Tripredacus

I merged your posts. Typically you should wait 24 hours before replying to your own topic if there has been no replies yet. This is especially key on the weekends because a lot of people seem to post from work and the traffic on the site is generally lower on Saturday or Sunday.

Now the first thing you need to do is look up what this service is... It could very well be a CPU temperature monitoring program, as is on this site:

http://www.stvsoft.com/

So in order to stop that program from running, as you probably don't need it if you don't know what it is, you need to find what is launching it. Services can be disabled in a few places, notably Services.msc OR you can get to that in Computer Management. One problem with that screen is that it lists services by their description and not their actual service name. You would need to look at the properties of the service to see the service name. And this is key because that name is what is posted by SCM in Event Viewer.

You may also find this service in MSCONFIG. On the Services tab, you get a checkbox to hide all Microsoft Services, to make it easier to track down the one you are trying to find.

Lastly, the service can also be loading from the registry. Combating viruses have shown this to be possible, but I have no specific info on how to find it there. You might just be able to search for 'sensorsview' in Regedit and be able to find it. Make sure you back up any registry keys before you modify or delete them, just in case. You may also want to create a restore point if you are not sure.

ok i found it but it's not that program got any ideas as to what it is i extracted they reg key and copyed it for you to see. how do i fix this or for that matter what is it?.

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet002\Enum\Root\LEGACY_SENSORSVIEW]

"NextInstance"=dword:00000001

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet002\Enum\Root\LEGACY_SENSORSVIEW\0000]

"Service"="sensorsview"

"Legacy"=dword:00000001

"ConfigFlags"=dword:00000000

"Class"="LegacyDriver"

"ClassGUID"="{8ECC055D-047F-11D1-A537-0000F8753ED1}"

"DeviceDesc"="sensorsview"

"Capabilities"=dword:00000000

ok i did find like you said there were 2 keys in there both pointing to the directory that the program was in i removed those backing them up of course and wala no more error. i dont no what this other one is so i left it. i think it might be a system key for something else. i hope the error remains gone now. i wanted to thank you for your help i appreciated it.

ok i found it but it's not that program got any ideas as to what it is i extracted they reg key and copyed it for you to see. how do i fix this or for that matter what is it?.

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet002\Enum\Root\LEGACY_SENSORSVIEW]

"NextInstance"=dword:00000001

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet002\Enum\Root\LEGACY_SENSORSVIEW\0000]

"Service"="sensorsview"

"Legacy"=dword:00000001

"ConfigFlags"=dword:00000000

"Class"="LegacyDriver"

"ClassGUID"="{8ECC055D-047F-11D1-A537-0000F8753ED1}"

"DeviceDesc"="sensorsview"

"Capabilities"=dword:00000000