Cannot customise Start Menu items

anlaoch

Hi.

I've recently reinstalled xp home on a laptop but loads of admin options are missing. In particular I'm trying to bring up the xp wireless config screen. However, when I go into start button - properties - advanced, there are no options under "Start menu items"! It's completely blank.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Emlyn.

Were there any customizations made to the installation media (driver injection, service packs, etc)? Is this the same install media that was used to install the machine before, when it was working?

Were there any customizations made to the installation media (driver injection, service packs, etc)? Is this the same install media that was used to install the machine before, when it was working?

I've used this media before and never noticed this issue (will have to check it on another machine to be certain). I'm fixing (or trying to) the machine for someone else, so it's not the media used originally. Basically, you think it's down to the media? I must get my hands on another disk and try that.

Well, it could be anything - I doubt it's Windows itself, but I wanted to know what was on the media (apps, drivers, etc) and see if one of those could be the culprit. I've never seen Windows itself do that without some coaxing.