Office 2010 silent install reboot in Windows XP

Hello everybody, I've used the Office Customization Tool to make an unattended Office 2010 installation. This all works silent (Basic display level with Suppress Modal checked), but unfortunately after the installation on a Windows XP client, it reboots. On a Windows 7 machine this doesn't occur. What's up with that? I'm using the silent installation during RunOnceEx and it spontaneously reboots after installation. Can it be suppressed for Windows XP? :)

I'm not sure if it is supposed to. All the documentation I've found is that the silent or unattended install of Office 2010 is only supported on Windows 7 (probably Vista but no one likes that anyways) and say to do manual install on XP. :unsure:

It works in Windows XP as in Windows 7, but with the forced restart at the end :(

I'm trying to figure out what caused this and I was curious if someone else experienced this also.

Could it be that Windows 7 has elements which needs to be installed on XP during installation which will force a reboot?

I'm using the exact same version of my .msp file in Windows 7 as in Windows X.

Edited by pSycho-Y2K

• 4 weeks later...

try adding this to your config.xml <Setting Id="SETUP_REBOOT" Value="NEVER" />

Thank you, by adding SETUP_REBOOT with value NEVER into OCT (I don't use Config.xml) it solved the problem :) Topic can be closed.

Edited by pSycho-Y2K