How can I get a trojan?

Not thirded :whistle:

Although I can't tell the risk when using XP SP1 (since I'm using SP3), my system

isn't running any virus-scanner and has it's firewall turned off. :angel

And overall I "Only" get infected 3 or 4 times a year (which I find acceptable for

a system that isn't waisting CPU-cycles on a resourcehungry scanner).

Being behind a router (which semi-doubles as a firewall... sort of...) I guess my

chances of getting infected are reduced dramatically, but the infections I do get

are being brought in by bugs/flaws/undocumented-features in IE and not at socket-

layer level (so badware is asked in rather than forced in). :unsure:

I don't use Outlook Express, so I can't comment on that... :no:

However, I don't recommend this way of "Having sex with the internet, without any

contraceptive" if you don't know exactly what processes are supposed to be running.

I am prepared to take this risk on my faily old system and I'm not advising others

to do the same (unless they like to live adventurous) ;)

Apart from that all: make sure you always install the latest patches and updates

(Unless you're a guy like Milan and wants to get infected, of course). :rolleyes:

Greetz,

Peter.

Being behind a router, and not directly connected, *does* indeed increase the risk of infection, BY FAR. If you're trying to get infected, then this would most definitely be a bad idea, hence why the suggestion was to use no firewall, no router, and connect an XP RTM or SP1 box directly to the internet. That'll get you infected, probably within a few minutes, with all kinds of nastiness.

You surely meant to say:

Hehehehe, I think you might be right ;)

And you're right as well Cluberti, I must have read over the "Direct connect to inet"-phrase :blushing:

Of course, you always have the chance that your ISP will filter out most

nasties coming in/out, so keep that in mind as well. :unsure:

dubbio.gif You surely meant to say:

Being behind a router, and not directly connected, *does* indeed decrease the risk of infection, BY FAR.

Doh! Oh well, can't always type what my mind is thinking :).
Of course, you always have the chance that your ISP will filter out most nasties coming in/out, so keep that in mind as well. :unsure:
True, although I'm pretty sure this user's ISP is not one of those.

You surely meant to say:

Hehehehe, I think you might be right ;)

And you're right as well Cluberti, I must have read over the "Direct connect to inet"-phrase :blushing:

Of course, you always have the chance that your ISP will filter out most

nasties coming in/out, so keep that in mind as well. :unsure:

Is this chance greater than winning the jackpot in the lottery? ;)

• 4 months later...

milan777, I finally found where you can get yourself infected. http://www.malwaredomainlist.com/

They have a host file there for blocking malware sites. I been visiting the sites in the hosts file(I'm halfway through the b's) the last few days and only ran into 3 infections so far so it's not that great. There are threads like this: http://www.malwaredomainlist.com/forums/index.php?topic=4433.0 that are updated daily though.