Windows 2000 EOL today

cluberti

Then why are sites reporting that the downgrade rights have been extended to 2020? (From Win7)

Because they're wrong. See the link in my previous post.

Are they saying you can (or will be able to) downgrade to a dead OS?

That's part of it, yes:

Businesses that deploy Windows XP via downgrade rights after April 2014 will be deploying an unsupported operating system. If you exercise those downgrade rights, you’re completely on your own

To be honest, I think April 2014 won't come soon enough.

The fact that Win-2K went EOL today wasn't even mentioned in the MSFN Win-2K forum...

...and? :unsure:

Are you going to sue the Win-2K forum mods for hiding info to the MSFN members? :w00t:

;)

:lol:

jaclaz

Businesses that deploy Windows XP via downgrade rights after April 2014 will be deploying an unsupported operating system. If you exercise those downgrade rights, you’re completely on your own

To be honest, I think April 2014 won't come soon enough.

What's your hurry? Would you be willing to forfeit four years off the end of your lifespan if Microsoft EOLed XPSP3 today?

Coffee? I guess you've never been on the Bolivian Altiplano with a wad of coca leaves in your mouth. :)

What's your hurry?

I find XP really outdated, and I really miss stuff that's in the newer OS'es. I'm quickly becoming less and less familiar with it too (haven't been running it on any computer at home for a couple years), so I'll be glad to see it disappear and replaced with more modern stuff.

Would you be willing to forfeit four years off the end of your lifespan if Microsoft EOLed XPSP3 today?

I'm sure there must be an appropriate name for that kind of mental condition.

I guess you've never been on the Bolivian Altiplano with a wad of coca leaves in your mouth. :)

And you'd be right. It's a few thousand kilometers away. It would be nice to visit I'm sure but it's not very high on my list of places to visit soon.