Gateway Laptop

HowdyDoody

Now I need your help.

I bought a Gateway laptop last year. I bought a new HD and installed XP (no problem). Now I have to install XP again. However, wheb\n I boot from the CD, it cannot find the SATA drive. I collected all the drivers from my current installation and did an nLite inluding the drivers. When I booted from the CD, it loads the files and then asks me for my XP Pro CD. It still doesn't recognize my SATA drive. What am I doing wrong?

LAST SESSION.INI

You need to integrate textmode drivers for your sata controller (intel ICH7M).

Check the 1st post in the 2nd sticky.

No luck! Same problem. Still asks for my XP Pro CD. I tried the nVidia driver, but my driver is good, and I do use it in text mode.

I've downloaded SATA driver on the internet. This is definitely an nLite problem.

I'm going to go back to my original installation CD without any service packs slipstreamed to see what will happen.

Edited by HowdyDoody

I found a little program (much like nLite) and it installed my SATA driver on the first try. Me thinks nLite has a bug.

I am happy for you :), but maybe if you post the name of (and possibly also a link to) this little program, someone else may benefit from your findings. :whistle:

jaclaz

I found a little program (much like nLite) and it installed my SATA driver on the first try. Me thinks nLite has a bug.

I am happy for you :), but maybe if you post the name of (and possibly also a link to) this little program, someone else may benefit from your findings. :whistle:

jaclaz

I was afraid nLite would get mad at me. The program does not allow you to edit Windows XP, but it will do an unattended install. I'll see if I still have it, or can figure out where I found it.

jaclaz

I was afraid nLite would get mad at me. The program does not allow you to edit Windows XP, but it will do an unattended install. I'll see if I still have it, or can figure out where I found it.

Here it is:

http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/Boot-Manager-Disk/Windows-Unattended-CD-Creator.shtml

Now, if somebody could tell me where to find the network controller driver for my MX8711, I would greatly appreciate it. I have downloaded everyone I can find, but they just don't work.

I hope I did that link correct.

Edited by HowdyDoody

Good. :)

Homepage is here:

http://www.vitaligraf.de/en/?Projects:Windows_Unattended_CD_Creator

Here I would like to present "Windows Unattended CD Creator".

Feature:

Creation of a bootable ISO image

Integration of service packs

Creation of user accounts

Integration of:

Drivers

Hotfixes

Patches

Software

The program was tested meanwhile with german Windows 2000/2003/XP Home/Pro and english Windows XP pro x64 edition.

jaclaz

Now, if somebody could tell me where to find the network controller driver for my MX8711, I would greatly appreciate it. I have downloaded everyone I can find, but they just don't work.

Found the wireless here on Geteway's site and it says it' for 2K, XP and Vista.

Edited by Ponch

Good. :)

Homepage is here:

http://www.vitaligraf.de/en/?Projects:Windows_Unattended_CD_Creator

Here I would like to present "Windows Unattended CD Creator".

Feature:

Creation of a bootable ISO image

Integration of service packs

Creation of user accounts

Integration of:

Drivers

Hotfixes

Patches

Software

The program was tested meanwhile with german Windows 2000/2003/XP Home/Pro and english Windows XP pro x64 edition.

jaclaz

It is in english, though. Now it has been tested in the english version.

Found the wireless here on Geteway's site and it says it' for 2K, XP and Vista.

I have been there, but I didn't see anything like you describe. I've just about given up.