The smallest possible size of boot.sdi

joakim

Jaclaz, I'm working on an Ofs clone.

IF FAT based (and OT :ph34r: ), you may find something of use in the spreadsheets posted here (shameless plug):

page__view__findpost__p__988732

And, (very) nice to see you here!

Are you meaning that seeing me elsewhere would not be nice? :w00t:;)

:lol:

jaclaz

Edited by jaclaz

Joakim, any idea for formatting a floppy Fat32? ;) (semi-serious)

I don't understand the problem if there is any. Or I misunderstood the question..

Hi Joakim,

Actually I don't need anymore. Fat32 has a moveable RootDir. I thought I needed it but in fact no.

Fat32 needs 40mb.

Thanks.

• 1 year later...

Just mentioning it before I forget about it again, that at some point during some reversing I found that the $LogFile's smallest size can actually be 200 bytes. And not 256 as earlier suggested. So, if you want to, you can create even smaller NTFS volumes, as a PoC or project or whatever. I certainly don't remember any offsets, but the patch was almost identical to the already posted details (for XP), and it was performed on the wow64 untfs.dll on Windows 7 x64.

• 4 years later...
On 7/28/2010 at 4:27 PM, jaclaz said:

Good. :)

Now it comes to mind a question:

if a single guy in a few days of his spare time can take a "random" item and reduce it's size tenfold what could do the full-time MS guys if they wanted to? :unsure:

;)

As a dinosaur, in my simplicity I continue thinking that smaller things are faster, no matter how faster is your hardware, managing less bytes it will make it faster! :thumbup

jaclaz

Even though it's almost a decade late reply, and there's a possibility of extinction, I registered to post just to say:

Holy s***, I thought I was the only one.

I've been dropping FBombs in the Technet, MSDN but mostly the Windows forums because the place is filled with fudge packers.

Keeping it simple... yes, you could do more with the powershell object eventually, but just a query and ... zzzzz

Screenshot_20171020-054454.thumb.png.041ffc7e3588644e177ad90940ded427.png

All I wanted to do was query my Disk BusType/Connection/Interface, but apparently MSFT_Disk doesn't relay the correct information as it gets passed along the convoluted script chain in Windows 10. My slave Samsung 850 Pro was using IDE at one stage too apparently... I'll just go to my junk and brush the dust and rust off my 486

Screenshot_20171020-053754.thumb.png.6082bd4a1c546ae6de52dd3acc6a0994.png

Edited by NeoBeum

12 hours ago, NeoBeum said:

Even though it's almost a decade late reply, and there's a possibility of extinction, I registered to post just to say:

Holy s***, I thought I was the only one.

Well, dinosaurs are not so easily extincted, they tend to continue stubborny living,  you know ;).

jaclaz

On 10/20/2017 at 6:36 PM, jaclaz said:

Well, dinosaurs are not so easily extincted, they tend to continue stubborny living,  you know ;).

jaclaz

well I look forward with T-wrecking MS Windows 10 with this community