Having trouble making it silent/unattended?

shido641

Batch daily  

8 members have voted

1. 1. How useful is batch scripts to you?

Ok so i only came on here to help others. Well maybe to get help when i need it. I know this may be a long post but i'm hoping you will learn something from it so read the whole post. Anyways here goes!

I got a lot of software and stumbled on MSFN by mistake and decided to give it a shot. Fired up notepad and began my batch file. I created the batch file so that the next time i do a clean install. I just have to run it instead of installing every application one by one (All in all theres about 20). Theres a bit more than that but it is around 20 that i just HAVE TO put on a clean OS.

Heres the list

Avira (Antivrus)

Comodo Firewall (Self explanatory)

Bittorrent (Torrent client)

Firefox (Browser)

PSI Secunia (System security scorer; very handy if you into security)

Auslogics Disk Defrag (De-fragment your hdd WAY quicker than MS defrag)

Ccleaner (Removes temps, cache etc)

Duplicate Cleaner (Removes duplicate files)

Autoruns (Managers everything and i mean everything that runs at start up; apps, processes, regs, drivers etc.)

Virtual Dj (Software i use to dj)

Total Video converter (In my opinion THE best audio/video converter)

KMplayer (Watch videos, listen to music. A windows media player alternative)

Image burner (Very good image burner, ripper)

7zip (archiver, compressor, decompressor)

Foxit Reader (PDF reader)

Direct x 10

Daemon Tools lite (image mounter, drive emulator)

Flash player (plugins for sites such as youtube)

Ok so heres the code. And i'll eplain what i did when i did things that wouldnt have been done that way in most cases. I hope you understand what i just said coz i didnt :w00t:

@echo off
@echo _____________ BROUGHT TO YOU BY: _____________
@echo . .
@echo _____xxxxxxxxx xxxxx xxx xxxxx_____
@echo _____xxxx xxxx xxxxx xxx xxxxx_____
@echo _____xxx xxx xxxx xxx xxx_____
@echo _____xxx xxx xxx xxxx_____
@echo _____xxxx xx xxxx xxxx xxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxx_____
@echo _____xxxxx xxxxxxxxx xxxxx xxxxxxxx xxx xxx_____
@echo _____xxxxx xxxxxxxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx xxx_____
@echo _____xxxxx xxxxx xxxx xxx xxx xxxx xxx xxx_____
@echo _____xxxxx xxxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx_____
@echo _____x xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx xxx xxxx xxxx_____
@echo _____xxx xxx xxxx xxxx xxx xxxx xxxx xxx xxx_____
@echo _____xxx xxx xxxx xxxxx xxx xxx xxxx xxx xxxx_____
@echo _____xxxxx xxxxx xxxx xxxxx xxxxx xxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxx_____
@echo _____xx xxxxxxx xxxx xxxx xxxxx xxxx xxxx xxxxx_____
@echo .
@echo ..
@echo ...
@echo ....
@echo ......
@echo Please be patient as this will take some time and process time so close all apps. Once complete the computer will reboot.
@echo Now installing
@echo Installing HDD Cleaning software.
@echo off
xcopy /E /H "\Software\Other\cleaners" "c:\program files"

copy "c:\Program Files\Auslogics Disk Defrag made portable by shido641\shortcut\" "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Desktop"

copy "c:\Program Files\ccsetup233\shortcut" "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Desktop"

copy "c:\Program Files\Duplicate Cleaner made portable by shido641\shortcut" "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Desktop"

copy "c:\Program Files\Autoruns\shortcut" "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Desktop"

@echo Installing Avira. Please press any key to continue. Note this is the only application that needs your interaction.
@pause

@echo Installing Security and net softwares
@echo off
"\Software\Security + networks or internet\New install MUST\avira_antivir_personal_en.exe" /s /a /s /sms

@echo ok i dont need you anymore. Ill install the rest, go play so long
@echo off

start /wait msiexec /package "\Software\Security + networks or internet\New install MUST\cis_setup_x86.msi" /quiet /passive /norestart

"\Software\Security + networks or internet\New install MUST\BitTorrent-6.4.exe" /S

"\Software\Security + networks or internet\New install MUST\Firefox Setup 3.6.3.exe" -ms -ira

"\Software\Security + networks or internet\New install MUST\PSISetup.exe" /S

@echo Installing Audio and Video softwares
@echo off

mkdir "c:\Program Files\VDJ"
xcopy /E /H "\Software\Video + audio\VirtualDJ made portable by shido641" "c:\Program Files\VDJ"
copy "c:\Program Files\VDJ\shortcut" "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Desktop"

mkdir "c:\program files\TVC"
xcopy /E /H "\Software\Video + audio\New Install MUST\Total Video Converter 3.21\Total Video Converter 3.21\Total Video Converter 3.21\Total Video Converter" "c:\program files\TVC"
copy "c:\Program Files\TVC\shortcut" "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Desktop"

"\Software\Video + audio\New Install MUST\The_KMPlayer_1435.exe" /S /Video=1 /Audio=1

"\Software\Video + audio\New Install MUST\SetupImgBurn_2.5.1.0.exe" /S

"\Software\Other\New install MUST\7z465.exe" /S
copy "C:\Program Files\7-Zip\7z.exe" "C:\WINDOWS\system32"

"\Software\Other\New install MUST\FoxitReader331_enu_Setup.exe" /d

"\Software\Other\New install MUST\DirectX10 RC2 Fix 3-Pre-Final.exe" /sp- /silent /norestart
del "C:\WINDOWS\system32\dwmapi.dll"

mkdir temp
copy "\Software\Other\New install MUST\DTLite4355-0068.exe" \temp
cd \temp
7z x DTLite4355-0068.exe
cd ..
"\temp\DTLite4355-0068.exe" /S
rmdir /s /q \temp

@echo The Flash player plugins will be copied to desktop please install after reboot.
@echo off
copy "\Software\Other\New install MUST\install_flash_player.exe" "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Desktop"

copy "\Software\Other\New install MUST\install_flash_player_ax.exe" "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Desktop"

"\Software\Other\Drivers.exe"
@echo Everything is complete. System will now reboot.
pause

Ok so now to explain.

The shido asci art is just for fun

The cleaning softwares is not really installed but copied to program files because i made it portable. I'll explain shortly.

Avira, i was to lazy to try anything else coz i sat way to long trying to make it silent.

Comodo firewall i had trouble and didnt think i would get it to work. But that code used is the way to do it if you want to make comodo firewall silent without rebooting. Note that the av will also be installed but you can just disable it in the system tray.

Skipping to video and audio, i made vdj and Total video converter portable so it was just copy and paste. The fun was when i created shortcuts for it lol. This batch basically just copies the shortcut to the desktop of all users as you can see. Oh and i did that with the cleaners also

The difference is that the cleaners folders had its own sub directory in the cleaners folders so when i copied it could copy directly to program files. With VDJ and TVC i had to make a new directory for the loose files to be placed in it.

Skip ahead to 7zip

This was interesting because in order to install Daemon tools silently i needed a command in 7zip. I was actually installing 7zip coz i use it often but realised i could use it straight after i installed it silently. The thing is you cannot use 7zip in command unless you copy the 7.exe file to system32. Hence that line of code

Bellow directx10's code i deleted a file as you can see. The reason i did that, is because everytime you start firefox you get an error code before you start it. I dont know how the two is related but the file that is installed is actually meant for vista and firefox somehow picks up on the file. Anyways i dont care really about that so just delete. Its not needed and it solves the error problem so moving on.

As you can see i create a temp folder in the root of my external device. Copy the setup file for daemon tools into the temp and move into the temp folder with the change directory command. I then run the 7z extraction command from there. Now i know some of you might say i could have ran the command from the root. I can tell you this much. It wont work! I dont know why but specifying a directory to where the extracted files should go is pretty much a useless command; you will always get an error even though your command is right.

Now the reason i extracted daemon tools was to get to the actual setup file inside that setup file and then run the silent parameters on that instead. Which will give you a perfect silent install of daemon tools without an immediate reboot. :thumbup:

Then i copy the flash setups to install it manually on start up coz i honestly dont know how to get it silent

Then my drivers get installed and my pc reboots :)

Now to explain last two things but very critical

1) My drivers. How did i get it into an exe you might ask?

Download this program here called Double driver you'll thank me when you need to install your drivers again :D It basically backs up your drivers and you can set it to backup to a self installer instead of separate files

2) Making an application portable!

Well i said i would explain. So all you need to do is download the software from portalbeapps.com here download and video tutorial. Bacially you can make an application portable for two reasons. 1) You cannot get it silent even after you tried every switch. 2) You need to put in serial codes or registration information when installing the software. This will help you in that it will install software as normal, you register your software and put in any information needed. Once the application is portable you obviously wont need to do that again, nor will you need to configure the software as you would a new install; instead it's just copy and paste, with the configurations the way you want it. :D

So thats a wrap!

Hope you enjoyed the read and hope it helps.

Leave your comments and questions

Thanx!!

Edited by shido641

• 2 weeks later...

Would be interested to know "Firefox Setup 3.6.3.exe" -ms -ira" :: what, ""-ira"" does?

You indeed put some work into that batch . :wacko:

Well i seen the silent switches under msfn's unattended xp pages, if i can remember correctly. Well -ms is obviously for silent mode and ira is to ignore the [RunAppX] sections. Although now that i think of it, you may be able to install it without the ira switch, i could be wrong though. But it doesnt hurt to leave it in.

Anyways whats wrong with my batch file?

I know im not some expert, i was just trying to help some people out that may not be able to write batch at all, or arent getting certain programs to work.