real integration vs nlite integration

Jadestar

First off I want to say that nlite hotifx integration has saved me alot of time and problems and i'm not trying to knock the program but I did notice that nlites integration isnt a true integration as it uses the svcpack method (it does a bit more work than simply throwing the files in svcpack and editing the .inf file though). What I'm wondering is that if there is a way to truly integrate the hotfixes into a windows xp source similiar to how DISM integrates hotfixes for windows 7 right into the wim file or how a windows xp sp3 disc has sp3 in the source files as oppose to having a sp2 disc with sp3 install in the svcpack.

I hope this makes sense

I do know that xp hotfixes have an /integrate switch that i havnt played with yet mostly because theres something like 80 updates post sp3 and it would take quite abit to manually /integrate each one...if that is the way to do it.

thanks,

If you use the direct hotfix integration option, which is the default btw, it does indeed do a true integration aka a slipstream. Only updates that dont replace files fall back to using the /integrate method(svcpack)