Hotfixes Displaying in Add/ Remove Programs List Even With " /N Sw

I'm Installing hotfixes through "SVCPACK.INF" and im using the correct switches to install hotfixes. Every thing is good except Add/Remove programs list is showing Hotfixes even though i specified "/N" switch. I don't get it whats the point of using the switch if the $NtUninstall folder isn't used why should Hotfix appear when uninstalling isn't an option??

Its possible i'm mistaken??

I know i could manually remove reg entries for each hotfix through *.reg file. I would like to do this the right way if there is such a way. I'm stumped.

I've looked around through the forums and google an couldn't find a further explanation. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/262841/ Didn't have any indepth info either.

I'd appreciate any help

Thanks again...

.SVCPACK.INF

Edited by chrisoborski

Registry entries are always written by the update package for "Add or Remove Programs" by design. This creates an easily accessible record of the updates installed on the machine, including support links.

Registry entries are always written by the update package for "Add or Remove Programs" by design. This creates an easily accessible record of the updates installed on the machine, including support links.

Okay THANKS!!

I guess I'll have to customize..

thanks for he reply..

I was a little crank when i posted!! Sorry.