1diot really a curse word?

re8

Is filtering out id*** really needed? I know it can be a "bad" word in some countries, but then you're blanking out a tech-term! One can use foolproof, but I would think you should filter out fool along with id***...

I'm fine with filtering out certain 4-letter words, but I don't think id*** rises to that level.

Probably not, I think it might be a forum default. It just makes you have to be more creative.

Here is an example:

I was talking to this id*** and he didn't even know how to restart his computer!

Here is a more creative way of saying the same thing:

I was talking to this guy who blew his brain gasket and he didn't even know how to restart his computer!

:thumbup

"Brain gasket" :w00t:

I prefer "not the sharpest knife in the drawer", since even a butter knife has its useful uses. ;)

I was just suggesting to remove 1diot, to help save 0.000000001 seconds of server time to filter out that word.

This thread's getting tired, time to put it to bed. If someone's complaint is that a relatively demeaning word happens to not pass the "swear word" muster by IPB standards (for whatever reason, honestly), then I'm happy. Yes, we could probably tweak it and save the cpu cycle, but it's more trouble than it's worth, considering it'll be broken again during the next upgrade. The server's CPU cycles are cheaper than my or xper's personal time, so cheap wins again ;).