Best way to d/l MS patches please?

re8

I can't seem to find the master listing at Microsoft's site for all their Win7_64's patches like I used to years ago. I did find 2 ways to download all patches for offline use:

http://download.wsusoffline.net/

SoftwarePatch

(via http://www.technize.com/2-ways-to-download-windows-7-updates-for-offline-installation/ )

Which one is the best, or is there a third better & faster way?

Also, since I'm using Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit, do I need the regular Win7 patches also?

TIA :)

Thanks for the options guys!

Patches for Win7 usually doesn't matter what edition you are using with exception to specific updates regarding MCE or Bitlocker or anything else that is in Ultimate.
Sorry, I didn't explain myself well. I was referring if I had to choose 64 bit vs 32bit, not Home vs Ultimate. I see that some of the downloaders have a check box for both x86 & 64bit, & wondered if I needed to check both.

You need the 32bit patches if you're running a 32bit version of the OS, and 64bit patches if you're running a 64bit OS (even if the application, like Windows Media Player or Internet Explorer, runs in a 32bit version by default). Download the Microsoft patch that matches the underlying architecture of your OS only.

You need the 32bit patches if you're running a 32bit version of the OS, and 64bit patches if you're running a 64bit OS (even if the application, like Windows Media Player or Internet Explorer, runs in a 32bit version by default).

OK, thanks cluberti; I wasn't sure if the 64bit patches depended on the other patches.