How to specify ComputerName?

I am working on an unattend.xml for Windows Web Server 2008 x86 and have just about everything figured out. The main issue I have is that I do not seem to have the ability to specify the Computer Name in the XML. You can see it if you highlight the component in WSIM:

component_highlight.jpg

However, once you add the component, the Computer Name option is not there anymore:

component_added.jpg

Is that just the way it is?

Also I have questions if any of these can be done via the XML. I couldn't find any way to do them:

1. Turn of UAC: the Disable LUA option is not present for Server it appears

2. Disable screensaver: the Screensaver option under themes does not carry over when you add the component.

3. Customize what options appear in the Start Menu, such as the Run or Logoff buttons for example.

4. Set Visual Effects Performance Settings

5. Set Virtual Memory sizes

6. Set Windows Explorer options like View Details, full path display in address bar, show hidden files

7. Set the Event Viewer log file size limit

8. Add exceptions to Windows Firewall.

9. Set Local Security Policy settings

10. Add MIME types to Application Server

Right now my answer file works properly except the Computer Name prompt comes up. Those additional things I'd like it to do will end up having to be scripted if the XML can't do it, and I'm cool with that.

For the ComputerName question, it's not available because the ComputerName variable is only valid in the Specialize pass. As for the rest:

1. Microsoft-Windows-LUA-Settings in offlineServicing - EnableLUA = false
  2. Can't be done from a setting in the Unattend.xml itself, but that's where running something like this comes in handy from a Run command.
  3. Again, not gonna be found in the XML settings itself (you can configure the StartPanelLinks under Windows-Shell-Setup, but you won't find anything beyond that. You can always use preference policies in a domain to do that though, otherwise you'll be making a default profile.
  4. Nope
  5. See #2
  6. See #3
  7. Nope
  8. You can use the Networking-MPSSVC-Svc to set some of the service and group defaults, but not any rules. You will have to script those with netsh.
  9. Nope, although you *can* copy local security policies from one machine to another.
  10. Nope

You can probably do all of the Nopes with powershell or vbscripts running from Run commands in the XML, but a lot of what you're looking to do is considered advanced configuration and is meant to be handled by group policy or the user themselves, so there's no unattend settings directly for them (again, everything can be done, it just matters how much scripting you want to delve into on a Run command on FirstLogon to do these things).

[*]Microsoft-Windows-LUA-Settings in offlineServicing - EnableLUA = false

This one doesn't even show up. Well to be specific, it appears if I just open the stock WSIM, but disappears once I load the webserver clg from the install DVD.

I figured those other items couldn't be done via Unattend. I'm not sure how much responsibility I will have in getting the rest of those done, as I am not working directly with the software, only creating the unattend and the recovery partition. If I end up having to do that work on that part, I will take this info into consideration.

Thanks

For EnableLUA, it may be different on a 2008 server unattend - I only have ready access to 2008 R2 at this point (I could download 2008 media from MSDN, but I'm just too lazy to do so). As to the rest, like I said, it's doable (I've probably done all of the above at least once), but it's going to involve your own script (I use MDT to do a build and run these as TS commands after the OS is up and running when I need to).