MDt2010 copyprofile

I have been struggling for days now with the copyprofile setting in MDT2010.

What i have done:

Imported a (captured) image within MDT2010. Making a tassequence to roll out this image. On the osinfo tab of the tasksequence, edit unattend.xml en in the specialize fase put in: true behind the copyprofile.

Now i am getting a error: Cannot parse the answerfile for installation without ...cannot parse of for fase specialize, microsoft Windows ____ Setup...

This is due to the copyprofile setting, but what am i doiing wrong?

I have chequed the unattend.xml which is used when roll out the image and the copyprofile is in the file with the true text. So this is good.

I have never have the copyprofile worked yet...

On the client that is beiing sysprepped and captured there is only one profile (account) available that is the local administrator account.

Someone a idea?

You might want to look in the registry on the machine in HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ProfileList before capture to make sure there are zero users listed here that will not exist on the captured image. Anything here will cause that failure specifically, and it sounds like this might at least be something you want to look into.

You might want to look in the registry on the machine in HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ProfileList before capture to make sure there are zero users listed here that will not exist on the captured image. Anything here will cause that failure specifically, and it sounds like this might at least be something you want to look into.

I have looked en don't see a profilelist key or data in the current version..

I have looked en don't see a profilelist key or data in the current version..

Have found the key but there are no other users in there but: default and public. I also don't see the administrator user here?

Right - was it captured once the FULL OS was installed or was the initial install booted into audit mode only? You may have already determined where I'm going with this - a full install disables the admin account and creates a second (admin group) account, and I've never had any real luck with images created this way. Images created from audit mode then sysprep seem to all have worked fine, in my experience.

Right - was it captured once the FULL OS was installed or was the initial install booted into audit mode only? You may have already determined where I'm going with this - a full install disables the admin account and creates a second (admin group) account, and I've never had any real luck with images created this way. Images created from audit mode then sysprep seem to all have worked fine, in my experience.

It was not in AUDIT mode. I have installed Win7 and then installed applications and config Win7. So it was after a full Install. I have never worked within audit mode so can you help me out with no Audit mode. How can i solve it without the use of Audit mode?

I Think having the Administrator account active with a booting tool and then activated it...

It was not in AUDIT mode. I have installed Win7 and then installed applications and config Win7. So it was after a full Install. I have never worked within audit mode so can you help me out with no Audit mode. How can i solve it without the use of Audit mode?

I Think having the Administrator account active with a booting tool and then activated it...

No one a idea?

Once you've sealed an image, it's sealed. You can't go back and re-do audit mode, and honestly, I'd consider rebuilding that image entirely at this point or just find another way to copy the profile.

Once you've sealed an image, it's sealed. You can't go back and re-do audit mode, and honestly, I'd consider rebuilding that image entirely at this point or just find another way to copy the profile.

There it is again the äudit mode. Could you please tell me how to use "audit" mode and why i should use this?

When i start over again i want to do it wright this time. Never used audit mode.

The method i do now is:

Install Win7 Pro on a Vmware virtual image.

Fill in a new user at the end of setup because that is required

Before starting the task sequence from MDT2010 making a Vmware Workstation snapshot

Install applications

configure Win7 for the end user

Do a sysprep and capture Task Sequence in MDT2010 (start this command in Win7 client cscript \\server\deploymentshare$\litetouch.wsf

Import a custom image in MDT2010 and import the image i just made

edit the unattend.xml so copyprofile is set (but this is not working yet)

Make a new Task sequence to deploy this image

At the litetouch.wim to WDS as a boot image and then boot the client with Network boot. Choose the right task sequence and there is goes.

So what must i do different to use "audit" mode and why?

I would appreciate some help

When you get to the welcome screen that asks to create a user, press CTRL-ALT-F3 to enter Audit mode. Once in Audit mode you can install applications and reboot the computer as you need so long as you don't reseal the computer. I have been working on my image both ways, under audit mode and under local administrator, and some stuff is persistent through the sysprep and some stuff isn't no matter which method I am using. I am still trying to work on that issue along with a few other issues.

When you get to the welcome screen that asks to create a user, press CTRL-ALT-F3 to enter Audit mode. Once in Audit mode you can install applications and reboot the computer as you need so long as you don't reseal the computer. I have been working on my image both ways, under audit mode and under local administrator, and some stuff is persistent through the sysprep and some stuff isn't no matter which method I am using. I am still trying to work on that issue along with a few other issues.

Ok, one final quetion though. After i am finished in AUDIT mode, can i then rus the cscript \\server\deploymentshare$\litetouch.wsf in AUDIT mode?. This Litetouch does a sysprep and capture..

So then the only difference is that i do not install the applications in normal mode but in audit mode and then sysprep and capture.