Slipstreaming Acrobat Pro Extended Updates

bertikul

Hi to everyone.

I slipstreamed all Adobe acrobat 9 Pro extended updates up to 9.3.3. It is for sure the ' pro extended version' as it is showing it everywhere except when i click on the - help menu -> about acrobat 9 pro extended, and the pop up window shows - Adobe Acrobat 9 Standard.

I downloaded from Adobe ONLY the Pro extended Updates and I slipstreamed for about 3 times thinking there was an error somewhere. I installed adobe 3 times and the help menu still shows "Standard" edition.

Acrobat just works fine, but it's wired to show Standard edition when it is Pro extended.

does it have to do with slipstreaming? If not can anyone help me with this issue Please?

Thank you

Edited by bertikul

it's a bug from Adobe when you create AIP. Somehow, the wrong image inserted into the splash.dll (the embedded image is a PNG file stored within splash.dll. You can use Resource HAcker and extract it into PNG for confirmation).

http://www.appdeploy.com/messageboards/fb.asp?m=62117

to "solve" this, install Acrobat 9 Pro Extended (from the CAB source).

Go to the installed folder and copy out the splash.dll file.

Next uninstall Acrobat 9 Pro Ext.

In your AIP, go back to the Acrobat folder and replace the existing splash.dll with the one you copied earlier (via CAB installation).

Do this *after* you have slipstreamed all the updates till 9.3.3. Also, the installer wont nag. Seems that it doesnt check the hash/filesize of this splash.dll.