rename

You can use bcdedit to edit the bcd file in \boot on the CD, but you can only change the location boot.wim is loaded from. Setup.exe is still going to look in \sources for installation .wim files to display installation options for, and I am fairly certain this is hard-coded and cannot be changed.

I would also have to ask the question of why you would want to do this, as it (on it's surface) seems like a silly thing to do.

Hi. :hello:

I want add two windows 7 in a DVD , that One of them, without manipulating and editing is another ..

I do not want files boot.Wim and install.Wim of Windows can individualize them. Can you recommend a way? I must do this because I need it.

THANKS A LOT

I want add two windows 7 in a DVD , that One of them, without manipulating and editing [the other]..

I just would make two DVDs, one for each version. It will cost 1 extra DVD to burn, but then you'll have a backup of sorts.

If you're merging two Win7 DVDs, they're not going to fit on one DVD anyway. Assuming you're doing this for network or USB key installs, you could simply export each installation option you want from each install.wim to one new install.wim, and make a copy of the x86 Win7 DVD. Replace install.wim from the copy x86 Win7 DVD with the new, combined one, and copy that to your network install or USB installation location, and it should work. No need to rename sources and pray when this will work fine with existing processes and tools.