MDT 2010: Driver error when booting from boot disk

Hi,

Even since I updated the deployment share in MDT I get this error when booting from the disk.

Windows failed to start. A recent hardware or software change might be the cause. to fix the problem:

1) Insert the windows installation disk and restart the computer.

2)Choose language settings and then click 'next'

3) Click 'Repair your computer'

If you do not have this disk contact your system administrator or computer manufacturer for assitance.

file: \windows\system32\drivers\nvraid.sys

Info: windows failed to load because a critical system driver is missing, or corrupt.

I've been working with MDT 2010 for about 2 months now I didn't have this problem initially - I was able to boot any hardware with the boot disks that I burned from the ISOs in the boot folder of the deployment share ( E:\MDT-Related\DeploymentShare\Boot). Now I boot from the 64-bit disk I get this error and I *think" that I get the same error with the 32-bit disk (I will find out). The only way that I can boot to the Deployment wizard and see the task sequences is to use one of the disks that I orginally made

In the out-of-box drivers folder i see two nvraid.sys driver files, one from 2/26/06 and the other from 4/24/06. Maybe I should try to delete one (or both) and update the deployment share again?

Thanks in advance for your advice\suggestions!

brian

post-144363-127740112459_thumb.jpg

Hi,

I've been working with MDT 2010 for about 2 months now I didn't have this problem initially - I was able to boot any hardware with the boot disks that I burned from the ISOs in the boot folder of the deployment share ( E:\MDT-Related\DeploymentShare\Boot). Now I boot from the 64-bit disk I get this error and I *think" that I get the same error with the 32-bit disk (I will find out). The only way that I can boot to the Deployment wizard and see the task sequences is to use one of the disks that I orginally made

In the out-of-box drivers folder i see two nvraid.sys driver files, one from 2/26/06 and the other from 4/24/06. Maybe I should try to delete one (or both) and update the deployment share again?

Thanks in advance for your advice\suggestions!

brian

barnold, I am not familiar with MDT, but I am wondering if you are using 64 bit drivers for your nvraid. The 32 bit drivers will most likely not work in a 64 bit environment. If you will post your two driver files and a link to where you are getting your drivers, we will take a look. Enjoy, John.

EDIT: I found this via a Google search on status: 0xc0000359 (notice the c). There are a number of other hits also.

Edited by johnhc