History of Logged On Users

Kindovic

Hi

Is there any program that can list down a history of users, be it AD users or local users, that has logged on to the computer? Hopefully the list will include the username and date/time of the logon/logoff events.

I know this can be done thru the event viewer but I just wanna know if there's a better and easier way to do this.

Thanks

What's wrong with the Event Viewer auditing for the local machine or domain? That plus a monitoring solution like SCOM (assuming this is a domain environment) works well. What specifically are you looking for above and beyond something like this? That info might help us better help you.

What's wrong with the Event Viewer auditing for the local machine or domain? That plus a monitoring solution like SCOM (assuming this is a domain environment) works well. What specifically are you looking for above and beyond something like this? That info might help us better help you.

Well, I can use the event viewer to check. However, its those paranoid users that raise this issue. So its not really possible for me to tell them to use the event viewer.

Well, there are packages out there that can do this sort of thing if you have clueless users who can't seem to use the event viewer ;). Most of them are not host-based, however, they're server based and generate reports. The best non-Microsoft tool I've found is this, but it monitors network logon info. If you're looking for "who's using my computer!"-type info, there are other tools out there like this or this, but I can't speak to the veracity of any of these. I've always used MOM/SCOM reporting/rollup and auditing, which generates reports based on gathered data.