Google Street View Now Requires Flash Player v. 10; AdBlock Plus

frogman

Is there any way to install Adobe Flash player version 10 to Windows 98 Firefox 2.0.0.20

I ask as this is what is needed to enable street view in Google.

I have tried the Firefox useragent but it didn't work.

Is there any way to install Adobe Flash player version 10 to Windows 98 Firefox 2.0.0.20

Flash Player 10.0.45.2 works with KernelEx 4.5 Beta on FF 2.0.0.20 see this thread http://www.msfn.org/...elex-45-beta-2/

It functions better than Flash 9 does without KernelEx.

I tried KernelEx beta, but I had to remove it as it was stopping my ZoneAlarm from running in the system tray.

I am back with FF 2.0.0.20, but for some reason I am unable to get my ABP Ad Block Plus back, any ideas?

When I try and install adblockplus I receive the following error, Signing could not be verified 260.

What do I need to do?

I need to install this to FF 2.0.0.20 as I can't get Kernelex to work as it stops my firewall from loading.

I am back with FF 2.0.0.20, but for some reason I am unable to get my ABP Ad Block Plus back, any ideas?

According to Add-ons for Firefox page, Adblock Plus 1.2 works with FF 3.0.12 - 3.7a6pre only but Ad blocker 0.6.7 works with FF 1.5 - 3.6

I tried KernelEx beta, but I had to remove it as it was stopping my ZoneAlarm from running in the system tray.

Did you try the Compatibility setting in KernelEX set to 98SE for Zone Alarm? You should have posted your problem in the KernelEx thread, I am sure someone would have given you the remedy.

According to Add-ons for Firefox page, Adblock Plus 1.2 works with FF 3.0.12 - 3.7a6pre only but Ad blocker 0.6.7 works with FF 1.5 - 3.6

Did you try the Compatibility setting in KernelEX set to 98SE for Zone Alarm? You should have posted your problem in the KernelEx thread, I am sure someone would have given you the remedy.

I was not sure how to do this, the only think I did do was change the number for the operating system to either XP or Vista. I was unsure if I needed to do anything else.

By the way I managed to get adblockplus 0.7.5 installed and working.

Edited by frogman

When I try and install adblockplus I receive the following error, Signing could not be verified 260.

What do I need to do?

I need to install this to FF 2.0.0.20 as I can't get Kernelex to work as it stops my firewall from loading.

Hi,

the last version of Adblockplus that work with Firefox 2.0.0.20 is 1.0.2

Minimal requirements: Firefox 2.0, Thunderbird 2.0, SeaMonkey 1.1, Flock 1.0, K-Meleon 1.1

https://addons.mozilla.org/fr/firefox/addon/1865/versions/?page=1#version-1.0.2

;)

What do I need to do?

Hi,

the last version of Adblockplus that work with Firefox 2.0.0.20 is 1.0.2

Minimal requirements: Firefox 2.0, Thunderbird 2.0, SeaMonkey 1.1, Flock 1.0, K-Meleon 1.1

https://addons.mozilla.org/fr/firefox/addon/1865/versions/?page=1#version-1.0.2

;)

thanks for that, although I already found this to be the case and have already installed it.

Funny thing is I was able to manually install it over the older 0.7.5 version, but when I tried the normal FF method of updating it said there were no updates, wonder why that is.

Flash Player 10.0.45.2 works with KernelEx 4.5 Beta on FF 2.0.0.20 see this thread http://www.msfn.org/...elex-45-beta-2/

It functions better than Flash 9 does without KernelEx.

Where did you download Flash Player 10.0.45.2 for FF 2.0.0.20?

Any special instructions about installing it?

Where did you download Flash Player 10.0.45.2 for FF 2.0.0.20?

Any special instructions about installing it?

There's no special version for Firefox 2.0.0.20 or any other version of Firefox.

You've one for alternative browsers and second (AcitveX) for IE.

I think, it's best to check KernelEx thread.

Guest wsxedcrfv

I downloaded and installed what I think is the latest Flash version 9, which is 9.0.277.0. After installing it, I searched the registry for "9.0.277.0" and found it in two places:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Adobe Flash Player Plugin

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\MozillaPlugins\@adobe.com/FlashPlayer

Listed under the key-names "DisplayVersion" and "Version".

I changed those two key values from 9.0.277.0 to 10.0.45.2 (the most current version 10).

After restarting my win-98 machine and visiting Adobe's version-checker web page and Google Street view, both still claimed that I had flash version 9. So that didn't work. In fact, upon the re-start, I got the adobe update screen telling me that a new version of flash was available (version 10.something). I didn't take adobe up on it's offer initially, but I did later and what-ever it downloaded, it didn't like my OS.

I then loaded NPSWF32.dll into a hex editor and searched for "9.0.277.0". It exists in many places, but it must be changed in two specific places. Once I changed it to 10.0.45.2 and re-opened firefox 2.0.0.20, Adobe said I was running 10.0.45.2, and google Street-view operated completely normally. I checked other websites (you-tube for one) and verified that flash content was rendered correctly (all video's played just fine).

I don't know if I'm allowed to offer this modded version of NPSWF32.dll here, or post a download link to it, so I'll wait for a green light from someone here in authority before I do.

Way to go, wsxedcrfv! :thumbup

I don't know if I'm allowed to offer this modded version of NPSWF32.dll here, or post a download link to it, so I'll wait for a green light from someone here in authority before I do.

Redistributing files by Adobe isn't allowed, be they modded or not (Rule #1b).

But you can create a patch pattern and redistribute the patch pattern, like I've done in this analogous case...

All you need is patch.exe, from KanastaCorp, for which is there is a link in the post I've just pointed to.

Patch.exe can be used both to apply a patch pattern and to create it.

Guest wsxedcrfv

Redistributing files by Adobe isn't allowed, be they modded or not. But you can create a patch pattern and redistribute the patch pattern,

Ok, fine. This is always confusing, because it seems that various microsoft files are made available and linked to from these msfn forums and not necessarily with links pointing back to microsoft. I guess I'll never understand exactly what is allowed and what isin't in this regard.