Asus KatamarEEE PC

I was just surfing around today and happened upon this site:

http://www.asus.co.jp/

If you look at the second flash panel... it has a very familiar artistic style to it. If you find this topic after Asus removes that panel, here is a screenshot:

original.jpg

It looks VERY close to how Katamari Damacy/We Love Katamari, etc games look and feel to it. Seeing this opportunity right away, I made a modification of this just for fun:

katamareeepc.jpg

All image editing done with Macromedia Fireworks MX 2004. Total time: ~ 25 minutes.

:w00t:

I figure I'll just make this thread all about my random image modifications and musings...

Latest example, I got an email from Acronis asking "What face would you make if you lost all your data?" and I knew exactly how to handle this situation...

The image came in an email, this isn't the exact original image but it gets the point across:

http://www.acronis.com/i/promo/2010/WPBestPractices/header.png

Here is my version:

awesomeface.jpg

• 1 year later...
  • 7 months later...

Someone I know on another forum recently won an above-ground pool in a contest but then gave it away. It was a concept he hadn't considered before, being a huge turtle fan, of using a pool as an aquarium. So he decided to up the ante and plan on a budget for whatever would be required for a large above ground pool for his turtles. His excitement seemed to let him ignore all of our warnings about why a large outdoor water spot like that could be very bad for him and his neighborhood. Think about having a pool that doesn't have chlorine (it would kill turtles and the other fish) and wouldn't ever get a cleaning a pool would normally get. Mosquitos and other bugs would be in heaven. Remember this is an open-air aquarium outside, open to the elements and the creatures of the night, not safely kept within a house.

To help illustrate the potential dangers of such an endeavor, I was commissioned to provide something to put it all in perspective.

anoicetimeatthebeach.jpg

I still don't think he gets it, but whatever! :lol:

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...