FAQs (or explanations) to Ransih Partition Manager

RodgerOver

Hi,

are there explanations or FAQs for Ranish Partition Manager somewhere on the Net ? g

As a first question, what is n° 4 on the following screenshot (n° 3 is my Acronis Secure Zone needed to save my backups, but why is it doubled and the double is unknown ?) And as we are there, any idea what could be n° 5 ?

Thank you for your help

Roger

post-166557-12772370466_thumb.gif

Edited by RodgerOver

are there explanations or FAQs for Ranish Partition Manager somewhere on the Net ? g

There used to be a very interesting Yahoo! group dedicated to RPM. It is no longer active, but you could still subscribe to browse the group archives, and look at the group's files which include extensive documentation.

As a first question, what is n° 4 on the following screenshot (n° 3 is my Acronis Secure Zone needed to save my backups, but why is it doubled and the double is unknown ?) And as we are there, any idea what could be n° 5 ?

3 and 4 together are your Acronis backup partition : 3 is an /extended/ partition, a container, while 4 is the data patition (the backup itself).

Number 5 is unused slack space at the end of the disk.

Note : you should set Ranish to show you sector numbers rather than fictitious and confusing cyl/head/sectors. To do that, you press IIRC [F4] .