Push out install over Domain

I am looking for an easy way to push out silent installs over a group of computers in the office on a domain. I have looked into using GPO's but I do not want the user to have to go into Add/Remove Programs. We are using Windows 2003 Standard edition.

The main issues are that I need to pick and choose computers within the domain for this to occur on, if I can do it by grouping thats fine too. The install just has to be silent as I cannot disrupt my users.

Any Advice?

• 3 weeks later...

I am looking for an easy way to push out silent installs over a group of computers in the office on a domain. I have looked into using GPO's but I do not want the user to have to go into Add/Remove Programs. We are using Windows 2003 Standard edition.

The main issues are that I need to pick and choose computers within the domain for this to occur on, if I can do it by grouping thats fine too. The install just has to be silent as I cannot disrupt my users.

You still have to use GPOs, but you use the Software Installation policy under Computer Configuration and apply the GPO to comptuer OUs rather than user OUs.

Beyond that, some programs come with their own MSIs, you can change options using MSTs created with Orca, some you can repackage with WinInstall LE, others you can wrap with WIWW using silent install switches, or WIWW and an AutoIt script to click buttons on your installer program.