No sound from flv

letmein7

I installed k-lite megacodec 6.04. When I go to youtube, i listen and see a youtube video. After I download it on my computer, i can't hear the sound any more.

My computer is running Windows 7 Pro.

How can i fix this problem?

thank you.

Solution: Install the latest Adobe Flash Player, reinstall K-Lite.

If you wanna know more...

If you open the downloaded video file (currently Youtube flash video file cached in temporary files folder, %temp% has name with extension. With or without ext, it is a .flv video) in Temporary Files folder (%temp%), it is opened in IE and played with Adobe Flash Player, an activeX in IE. In this scenario the problem is not with K-Lite.

As you said 'download it on your computer', I briefly assume that you did not copy the flash video from %temp% but rather downloaded the video to somewhere using Youtube downloader etc.. In this case, if the playback has problem when it is opened not within %temp% folder, this is K-Lite related. Reinstall the program will resolve.

As you said 'download it on your computer', I briefly assume that you did not copy the flash video from %temp% but rather downloaded the video to somewhere using Youtube downloader etc.. In this case, if the playback has problem when it is opened not within %temp% folder, this is K-Lite related. Reinstall the program will resolve.

Yes indeed, I've never used a program like that but I can imagine that some more "novice to computing" people do.

As it's not Windows 7 related, I'll move this to the software forum.