How to integrate all 'up to date' post SP3 system hotfixes?

Subtech

Hi,

i am dealing with hassle about how to integrate into nLite XP copy all UP TO DATE post SP3 hotfixes for the system. i successfuly nLited (upgraded) my original Windows XP Proffessional CD with SP2 and than with SP3. i have preconfigured everything (i deleted and closed some services, and installed all demanded drivers, etc.). but last thing i am turning around is this integration of system hotfixes. as i stated i nLited my Windows XP CD into SP3, so i am looking up for all POST SP3 hotfixes.

need to know. how do i collect them all in easy way? i found inside of my already installed Windows XP Pro (WINDOWS folder) some KB's files but have no glue which are the ones to choose. i need .exe files and there are none of them. and second, i have to add them one by one in correct order. well, i am a bit confused about that.

is there any programme that will grab from internet all UP TO DATE post SP3 hotfixes and put them in correct order to be ready for nLite integration??

or if there s no such tool how can i do it manually then?

just need to know how can i nLite all hotfixes for my WXP Pro (i use Windows XP Proffessional 32-bit, CZE).

many thanks for your help!

Sub

First, if you check the last threads on the current page, there is one dealing with your question. Or you could search for "fully" in the thread's title and you'd get lots of results.

Secondly, you cannot integrate updates on a modified set of files ("i deleted and closed some services"). You have to get back to XP SP3 before any further modification, then integrate your updates (and your modifications) from there in one go.

Order doesn't matter but you can sort by KB number to make things neater. Check the link in my signature for all the updates.

EDIT: Order does matter. nLite does not check certain extensions! Order them by date with the oldest first!

PS You need to do everything in one go. Running nLite more than once on a source can cause problems. This does not apply to service packs.

Edited by -X-

Order doesn't matter but you can sort by KB number to make things neater. Check the link in my signature for all the updates.

PS You need to do everything in one go. Running nLite more than once on a source can cause problems. This does not apply to service packs.

awesome. your link seems to be exactly for what i was looking for. thanks. but still i have some doubt of my own:

1/ i have Czech localizaton of my WXP. so, can i apply ALL of those "ENU" hotfixes on my system??

2/ how do i integrate those hotfixes with .CAB extension?

3/ if i understand well i can use my own nLite profiles but i have to do nLitement at one session and continuosly with "one by one" method. it s not recommended to go back for further modifications at one session, and also it s not recommended to work on my XP SP3 project with multiple sessions, right?

thanks for your notes!

1/ i have Czech localizaton of my WXP. so, can i apply ALL of those "ENU" hotfixes on my system??

3/ if i understand well i can use my own nLite profiles but i have to do nLitement at one session and continuosly with "one by one" method. it s not recommended to go back for further modifications at one session, and also it s not recommended to work on my XP SP3 project with multiple sessions, right?

thanks for your notes!

Subtech, you cannot use the ENU updates for your CZE copy of Windows. Perhaps the KB numbers are the same for ENU and CZE, I do not know. If you look at note [1] in the link -X- provided, you will see that the .cab files are not really updates but AddOns. These are included in the same Hot Fix section of nLite. Running nLite multiple times against the same source is asking for trouble. So, please start with a fresh copy of your CD files/folders and run nLite only once doing all your work. I noticed you said you included SP2 and SP3. This is unnecessary - you need only the latest (SP3 in your case). When you post the next time, please attach (not paste) your Last Session.ini file. It helps all better understand what you are running with and doing. Please see this thread for some other ideas of how to get updates. My reply there may be useful for your language. Enjoy, John.

These...

WindowsXP-WindowsMedia-KB952069-v2-x86-ENU.cab

WindowsXP-WindowsMedia-KB954155-x86-ENU.cab

WindowsXP-WindowsMedia-KB973540-x86-ENU.cab

WindowsXP-WindowsMedia-KB978695-x86-ENU.cab

...you have to download the exe for your language from MS then use the integrate switch with them. See this thread as to why.

Integrate Usage: /integrate:path where path refers to the folder that contains the i386 folder.

Example: C:\MyUpdatesFolder\WindowsXP-WindowsMedia-KB973540-x86-ENU.exe /integrate:C:\MyXPSource

WindowsXP-KB975254-x86-ENU.cab is for a vulnerability in FTP service but the update has a file naming issue so I had to make an add-on. For it to be relevant, FTP service needs to be installed via Add/Remove Windows Components. You can leave this update out.

I don't know if the other add-ons with .cab and .7z extensions need to be localized.

• 1 month later...

Download WSUS Oflline update (CT Update) http://download.wsusoffline.net/

This downloads Microsoft Updates for offline use. WUD or RyanVM Packs are just collections of updates up until a certain point. For example the latest RyanVM Pack includes all updates until March 2010.

The difference in WSUS Oflline Update is that it acts as Windows Update; it downloads a list of updates from Microsoft, the same way WU would, then downloads all of them. I made a disc that has nearly every XP Update. You can also download updates for Windows Vista and 7 aswell as Office 2003,2007,2010.

http://www.famegadget.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/Download-Windows-7-Update-with-WSUS-Offline-Update..png

This means you can download just about every update possible. Also includes various language and localized options. Select all the updates in the

WXP

-ENG

Select the USB version, otherwise it will just give you an ISO that automatically installs all updates using a version of WSUS.

• 4 months later...

@ -X-

So if I have a nLited distribution, I can't directly add new hotfixes/updates to it?

Edited by ravisunny2

If you have a nLited distrobution and NO original disk then we cannot help you either way...

Please re-read the forum rules especially #1

Rule #1 : » No Illegal/Copyrighted Software Discussion

How exactly did you infer that my post had anything to do with Illegal/Copyrighted Software ?

In plain English, can we add updates to an nLited distribution, or do we need to start from scratch.

Where in the post did I say that I did not have the original and legal Windows XP CD ?

Edited by ravisunny2

The key word here is distribution.

What should I call the end product after using nLite ?

I am deciding whether to use nLite to produce the unattended cd or use the manual process.

Once I have used nLite, can I add future updates to the output of nLite, using nLite again ? If not, the manual procedure will be better.

nLite always assumes it is working on an original cd. Depending on the parts of the program you're using, you can get problems or not. There are more than 9000 thousands threads on this forum and you'll find this info in probably more than 2000 of them. :)

The key word here is distribution.

God dude, you are awesome.. Thank you so very much.. I was really doing it the hard way - lol - .. ( Im talking about your hook up "Windows XP High-Priority Update List for use with nLite" )

Hey man, why don't some of those hotfixes/updates work in nLite ? I mean if you get them from windows update site.. if you could be really specific or even any knowledge would help. Thank you so much for that hook up man that was freaking awesome..

Edited by aliceinchains