CD ROM EMULATION

Hi guys,

I'm having a bit of trouble boot an ISO of a USB stick and wondered if any one had any tips.

Im using Grub4Dos to do this. I need the iso format as having multiple extracted on the stick would mean files and folders over writing themselves with similar names.

When it works normally (DVD) it loads DOS, then sets sets CD as X: then loads a GHOST image down on the HDD. The DVD contains batch files and BIOS files to help set the

computer name in sysprep file amongst other things.

I can get the ISO to map under a basic Grub4dos iso mapping command however it fails because it cant find the physical CD ROM its looking for.

After loads of help at Boot-land I have managed to get 1 of 2 image files working by injecting the boot info of the ISO with eltorito.sys file and then removing

CD-ROM entry in the config.sys file and then referencing the eltorio.sys.

However I am still stuck with one image that seems to fail even though I have applied the above.

I wondered if you guys knew of any other ways to achieve such a thing?

This is probably what is called "let me have a second opinion" :blink: or, more probably "let me continue on the way I chose since it is the right one, no matter what you say". ;)

Just for the record and to keep things as together as possible:

http://www.boot-land.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=11723

jaclaz

Wowzers, a toungue lashing after post 1, remind me never to two time any forums again!

I'll get my coat............!