Muliple Autounattend.xml

This somewhat goes back to my other post about product keys but that post is getting a bit bloated with different suggestions and ideas so I wanted to just simply ask the question here that may be a solution to my problem.

Could it be possible to have multiple autounattend.xml files for the different versions of windows 7 (ie: home premium, pro, ultimate). Could there be a master autounattend.xml file that says (if you choose to install home premium, use homepremium.xml, if you choose pro then use pro.xml, etc...)

What needs to be considered is that this install would be a dvd bootable so renaming files on the fly would not be an option as someone already suggested. The idea is to have one disc to do it all and have generic keys plugged in to each different xml so the install is fully unattended without having to type a key until the product becomes activated (and at that point I would use the customers key).

I'm not sure if this is a possibility at all or not but it would solve my problem with product keys and I'm sure would be usefull in other ways to alot of people making All-in-one discs with unattended features.

This somewhat goes back to my other post about product keys but that post is getting a bit bloated with different suggestions and ideas so I wanted to just simply ask the question here that may be a solution to my problem.

Could it be possible to have multiple autounattend.xml files for the different versions of windows 7 (ie: home premium, pro, ultimate). Could there be a master autounattend.xml file that says (if you choose to install home premium, use homepremium.xml, if you choose pro then use pro.xml, etc...)

What needs to be considered is that this install would be a dvd bootable so renaming files on the fly would not be an option as someone already suggested. The idea is to have one disc to do it all and have generic keys plugged in to each different xml so the install is fully unattended without having to type a key until the product becomes activated (and at that point I would use the customers key).

I'm not sure if this is a possibility at all or not but it would solve my problem with product keys and I'm sure would be usefull in other ways to alot of people making All-in-one discs with unattended features.

yes.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc749415%28WS.10%29.aspx

I use desktop icons on my PE to direct to start.exe and an unattended, and i put one in the panther directory in the wim to have it as a default. You will need a x86\x64 universal unattend file if you have both architectures.

yes.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc749415%28WS.10%29.aspx

I use desktop icons on my PE to direct to start.exe and an unattended, and i put one in the panther directory in the wim to have it as a default. You will need a x86\x64 universal unattend file if you have both architectures.

That's interresting but does that method of specifying the answer file work when booting from a dvd and not in windows. Basically what needs to happen is that /setup.exe whatever.xml needs to be specified based on what version is chosen during a dvd boot install. I'm not sure if that will work.

@Jadestar

Yes, I think that you can use multiple "Unattend.xml" on your DVD!

You can inject a file "unattend.xml" inside your image mounted! And also use an "Autounattend.xml" at the root of your DVD.

Some help here:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc749415(WS.10).aspx

I hope that will help you!

Edited by myselfidem