Add Autologon Counts, new layout

Hi Mark,

during WPI 8 betaphase you were working on the Autologin feature durch setup (adding new autologin counts to Windows if an application required a reboot). However in the WPI8 final version I don´t see that mentioned in the changelog. Did you drop that feature or did you encounter problems ?

Second question is in regard to the new layout. It is nice to be able to enable it but what else do we have to do to make use of it ? In the changelog you wrote about changing style sheets ... ahm, could you maybe show us how, give us examples or make it easier for a non html programmer to know what to do ? I am kind of lost here....

Thanks,

Alex

I did set the count aside for now. I was supposed to have moved a month ago, so I packed all my notes up. I have not moved yet, 2 more weeks, so I haven't gone back to them. It won't be done in the near future, but keep reminding me.

The the wpi.css style sheet file has the new "duplicate" entries for the text. All you may want to change is the font-size or color. I started all themes with the same size and color for the default. There is a comment line at the start of the list style, and one at the start of the logo style. Nothing extra is required. The image is taken from the tool tips. The short description is a new text box under the Name box in the Config wizard.

I do want to spruce the display up more, like in the mock-up picture I posted. That was hand drawn, so not a complete theme. Just need the time...........

Hi Mark,

thats ok, no problem. I hope you will find some time for this some time in the future ! (could really make good use of that).

As for the new layout .. I was hoping for some semiautomatic stuff lazy as I am ...

It would be nice if WPI could detect the name of the application to be installed from the title for instance and automatically use the correct image file and possibly description (those could be shared among all users so that each new WPI version could automatically add new logos and descriptions for new software.

Of course you should be able to overrule this but it would make a good starting point for popular software like Firefox, Microsoft Office, itunes etc.

Don´t know if this is possible but it should make it easier for everyone.

Bye and good luck for the move!

Bye,

Alex

Kel and I have been asked for an online library of software before. I have talked with Whimsy, the original author, about making an .ini file with silent switches, description, etc. Download the archive from our site, extract to Install folder, WPI scans the folder, adds them automatically if have the .ini file.

It has never been done, or probably will, because Kel and I are not going to maintain all the programs. We don't have the time for it. I like the idea of it: always having the latest version handy, and maybe could even be downloaded during the install process.

I will get back to you on how you want the count to work later.