New flash player v10.1.53.64

jvidal

I have bad news...

I've looked into the *.inf, because the names of the update-util changed and also a dll is new (fortunately a non-COM-DLL). And? Not found in the SWFLASH.inf.

Next try: Look into hfslip! Flash-update is hard coded. So the new files will be ignored. :(

Now a task for the HFSLIP-community:

Let's start to make a HFSLIP Beta K :)

I'll start to modify it... But I would like to compare it with the modifications of others!!!

Sorry to burst your bubble, but the new files are not being ignored. I JUST built an hfsliped CD and the new dll plus the new util file were copied by hfslip. Now, I'm gonna install this CD and see what happens.

wish me luck!

If you look closely at the hfslip code, it uses wildcards to deal with the flash files:

example:

flashut*.exe (that WILL copy flashutil10h_activeX.exe)

*flash*.ocx (will take any version of the ocx control)

and, the new dll file is also handled.

I see no problem.

Let's see what happens after instalation (installing as we speak on a VM).

bye!

Edited by jvidal

I believe those files are release candidate 7 of flash player 10.1. That version is not affected by the vulnerability and Adobe may be pushing it out in the interim. I think we will get an official release later today as their about page still list 10.0.45.2 as the latest stable release.

http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/

Edited by -X-

Ok, done.

After installation (which went fine, by the way), i looked into the system32\macromed\flash folder and found both the .ocx and the .exe file. the .dll file wasn't there, but it seems it's not relevant. It WAS found on system32.

Then I visited a site plagued with flash content and it looked just fine.

So, it seems it still works, no mod needed.

Well, maybe one line could be added for the correct location of the dll file.

bye!

Edited by jvidal

Ok, done.

After installation (which went fine, by the way), i looked into the system32\macromed\flash folder and found both the .ocx and the .exe file. the .dll file wasn't there, but it seems it's not relevant. It WAS found on system32.

Then I visited a site plagued with flash content and it looked just fine.

So, it seems it still works, no mod needed.

That's a good news. :thumbup

As -X- said, it could be that 10.1.53.64 is just a quick and temporary solution. I'll wait one/two days before updating the list and fc :)

Edited by Mim0

I'm not sure about this being a beta/RC. Just look at the link where i got 'em

h ttp://fpdownload.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/current/licensing/win/install_flash_player_10_active_x.exe

Yeah, looks like the released the bulletin right after I posted. Funny thing is they are still using the RC installers and it doesn't appear to have a silent switch. I need to make an add-on :(

I already made the add-on for hfslip...it works, except for the dll which ends up in system32 instead of system32\macromed\flash.

Maybe a new line in hfslip could do the trick, something like:

if exists flashut*.dll move <bla bla bla> (I don't remember the exact paths used by hfslip).

If it does not exist, then nothing is done and keeps compatibility with older versions of flash player.

And, another line to put the correct entries in txtsetup.sif.

Edited by jvidal

Is the DLL file *really* needed? All prior verions of flash did not have this file. Not sure why this one does.

Does it really matter if the dll is in sys32 instead of sys32\Macromed\Flash? Probably not. If it really bugs ya, you can modify the INF file so it uses the sourcediskfiles from sys32 and moves them to the macromed\flash folder where it can be registered. Hardcoding into the main script is not a good idea. Trust me. Chances are, if the dll is in sys32, hfslip registered it for you already.

Something tells me the flash player update is in response to some bad news about major security vulnerabilities of flash. It was pretty good headlines too. Late last week, Steve Jobs made a point that his iphone doesn't use flash because of security issues. This week, flash security issues came to the news. Then Jobs said "told ya so" to the press.

edit... this could probably work, but I haven't installed on a VM.

Step 1

processcabs section

move [the proper callout can't be displayed, I guess there's a bad word in there :) ]

IF EXIST WORK\CABS\flash*.ocx CALL :FLAs***

so it happens right after

IF EXIST WORK\CABS\legitcheck*.dll IF EXIST ......

Step 2

FLAs*** section [note that this appears to be a bad word too :) ]

Add this code just before the last echo command of that section.

IF EXIST WORK\CABS\FlashUt*.dll FOR /F %%I IN ('DIR/B WORK\CABS\FlashUt*.dll') DO (

MOVE/Y WORK\CABS\%%I WORK\I386E\swflash.dll

ECHO>>SOURCESS\I386\TXTSETUP.SIF swflash.dll = 1,,,,,,,1003,0,0,%%I&ECHO>>SOURCESS\I386\DOSNET.INF d1,swflash.dll

)

Edited by tommyp

Wow! thanks for the tips tommy!

BTW, it seems the dll is not relevant and the installer/uninstaller works fine with it in sys32 instead of the flash dir.

bye!

PD: what's the deal with the alleged "bad words"? dind't get that one...

Edited by jvidal

Is the DLL file *really* needed? All prior verions of flash did not have this file. Not sure why this one does.

Does it really matter if the dll is in sys32 instead of sys32\Macromed\Flash? Probably not. If it really bugs ya, you can modify the INF file so it uses the sourcediskfiles from sys32 and moves them to the macromed\flash folder where it can be registered. Hardcoding into the main script is not a good idea. Trust me. Chances are, if the dll is in sys32, hfslip registered it for you already.

Something tells me the flash player update is in response to some bad news about major security vulnerabilities of flash. It was pretty good headlines too. Late last week, Steve Jobs made a point that his iphone doesn't use flash because of security issues. This week, flash security issues came to the news. Then Jobs said "told ya so" to the press.

edit... this could probably work, but I haven't installed on a VM.

Step 1

processcabs section

move [the proper callout can't be displayed, I guess there's a bad word in there :) ]

IF EXIST WORK\CABS\flash*.ocx CALL :FLAs***

so it happens right after

IF EXIST WORK\CABS\legitcheck*.dll IF EXIST ......

Step 2

FLAs*** section [note that this appears to be a bad word too :) ]

Add this code just before the last echo command of that section.

IF EXIST WORK\CABS\FlashUt*.dll FOR /F %%I IN ('DIR/B WORK\CABS\FlashUt*.dll') DO (

MOVE/Y WORK\CABS\%%I WORK\I386E\swflash.dll

ECHO>>SOURCESS\I386\TXTSETUP.SIF swflash.dll = 1,,,,,,,1003,0,0,%%I&ECHO>>SOURCESS\I386\DOSNET.INF d1,swflash.dll

)

Hi tommy,

nice to see you here :)

That what you suggested I've implemented already before your post. :P

But after installation in a VM the util-dll was twice on the system. Once in system32/macromed/flash and once in system32.

So, in PROCESSCABS (where the CAB-dlls copies die WORK/I386E) you have to delete the flashut*.dll after that.

And then it works fine.

Of course, there is the question "who cares where the DLL is?". It's just for me to have it proper! :rolleyes:

Edited by Mim0