Issues with WDS and Adding/Injecting drivers

Hello Everyone

Having some trouble with driver injection/adding drivers to WDS boot.wim. When I get into the PXE boot it starts loading my win7 x86 Pro edition i think, no menu or letting me choose OS? i have a win7 x86 and x64 in WDS. After a half minut it suddenly says that it cant find NIC driver and the computer reboots, if i press shift+f10 the cmd comes up but its disappear in 5 sec and the No NIC driver error comes. I've tryed following with Windows 7 AIK on my 2003 server edition:

1. First mount the image using: imagex /mountrw C:\temp\boot.wim 2 C:\temp\mount

2. Because peimg isn't there anymore i tryed: dism /image:"C:\mount" /add-driver:"C:\temp\drivers\k57nd60x.inf"

but it says that it cant add the driver, cause of wrong structure or something... :(

I hope you can help me? :)

Regards.

DISM is horribly case sensitive and requires the full path to any driver file to be in the exact case as it appears on the system. I tend to use windows explorer to display the path in the address bar and then copy and paste it into the command to make sure the case matches.

Also watch out for smart quotes if you paste this into a text editor to construct the command first, if the text editor formats the quotes, when you paste it back to the command line it looks correct but is actually different ASCII characters and DISM complains it can't find the file specified.

You should be mounting your image with DISM, not Imagex. Use this syntax:

DISM /MOUNT-WIM /WIMFILE:D:\source\winpe.wim /INDEX:1 /MOUNTDIR:C:\winpe_x86\mount

What is the error DISM gives you? Please be more specific.

Thanks Tripredacus, your the best :) the command i needed was dism /mount-wim :P

I succesfully mounted, added driver and unmountet the image but now i have a new problem...

When i press F12 it automatic starts loading boot/x86/images/boot.wim (The one i injectet driver to)

After a few seconds i can see the windows 7 install background, then it says "The file "autorun.dll" could not be loaded or is corrupt. Setup cannot continue. Error code is [0x7e]

Maiby the pictures can help :)

Again thanks for your help Tripredacus!

post-294951-127650043129_thumb.jpg

post-294951-127650043882_thumb.jpg

post-294951-127650049471_thumb.jpg

The autorun.dll error is usually attributed to having a bad burn of the installation media. Of course, you are using a network deployment, but the Setup does not know any better as far as the errors go. So, here are my questions:

1. How much memory is in your client you are deploying to?

2. You should be able to open the command prompt from the screen that gave you the error. Does diskpart see the hard disk? And is disk0 the hard drive or a different drive?

3. Post up a pic of your Install Images too. Here is my old example: