internet speeds

when im browsing webpages load nice and fast pics youtube etc but when i download a file from a site its only downloading at about 20kb/s where it should be around the 200kb/s to 400kb/s

im using firefox3.6

and tried downloading files from a few different sites but all are really slow

is it just crappy sites speeds can i use a download accelerator program or something

would a download accelerator program help... any recommended for firefox?

Edited by b-man

its only downloading at about 20kb/s where it should be around the 200kb/s to 400kb/s

You should first do a SpeedTest.net-test to get your actual (approximate) speeds.

(First stop all up- and downloads like UseNet, P2P, etc. before starting the test)

After the test, post the image here (just copy-and-[aste the forum-link that is given):

838771568.png

would a download accelerator program help...

A download-accelerator *might* improve your download-speed, since it will perform

a download using several slots at once; however, if that improves speeds with all sites

(like for instance the one from Microsoft), you should really ask yourself if there's nothing

wrong with your set-up... :unsure:

I get around 5MByte/s downloading from MS using only 1 slot.

I can't recommend anything for FireFox, since I'm a stubborn IE7 user :whistle:

Greetz,

Peter.

There is a concurrent connections setting you can enable on Firefox' config. I've used with and without it and sometimes you can see a difference. First you need to try different browsers. Also try different sites. Those online tests are not very reliable when considering real use download speeds, because the file size is too small. I typically like to test download speeds using DOS FTP. You need to find 2 sites. One inside your ISP's network to download from, and then one from outside, like adobe or something. You want to get files larger than 10MB for test.

well i can download off microsoft website at 350-450kb/s yet get an average of 10-20kb/s on most other sites

yet most webpages, pictures, youtube etc load up pretty quick

i tried getting this printer drive but hover round the 20kb/s is it my connection or the site..?

hp printer driver

• 1 month later...

when im browsing webpages load nice and fast pics youtube etc but when i download a file from a site its only downloading at about 20kb/s where it should be around the 200kb/s to 400kb/s

im using firefox3.6

and tried downloading files from a few different sites but all are really slow

is it just crappy sites speeds can i use a download accelerator program or something

would a download accelerator program help... any recommended for firefox?

hi friend firefox and internet are not good at browsing speeds i think you should try safari or google chrome instead and about your downloading speed you should use internet download manager 5.19 it will double your downloading speed. and give resume capability.