Troubleshoot Windows 98 from XP Dual Boot

Krish

Can Anyone Have an Idea to Troubleshoot win98 from XP dual boot systems

and also laoding Softwares from XP to Windows 98

Above Questions on mind from many years.

Replay if any idea, suggesion, Posiblites Like above & others all on your minds.

Moderators welcomes and allow to modify this topic.

Thanks!

Guest wsxedcrfv

Can Anyone Have an Idea to Troubleshoot win98 from XP dual boot systems and also laoding Softwares from XP to Windows 98

The main problems with XP/win-98 dual boot are:

1) You will probably not have win-98 hardware driver support for the various computer components (motherboard, video card, etc).

2) Any PC with more than 768 mb of ram will give you problems when installing win-98 (there are remedies for this)

3) Any applications that are installed on the XP-side of the PC will have to be re-installed on the win-98 side of the machine (assuming they will even run under win-98).

If you want to build a dual-boot system, pay attention to the following:

1) The system should be a desktop PC, not a laptop. Start by purchasing or obtaining a motherboard and video card with reasonable windows-98 driver support. There is a sticky-thread here on msfn dealing with motherboards that are compatible with windows 98.

2) Format your hard drive as FAT-32, and do not use a hard drive larger than 128 gb unless it's a SATA drive, and you make the correct settings in the BIOS so that you will not have problems with windows 98.

3) Install windows 98 first, then install XP. For best cross-platform intraoperability, install XP on a FAT32 partition. Don't complicate your life by having FAT-32 and NTFS on the same system. (I have installed XP on FAT32 volumes, and it works just fine, and I believe that NTFS is more complicated than it's worth for a file system for home and soho use).

Thanks For Reply.

Iam already build dual boot System. Windows 98 and Windows XP with 1 GB Ram

But there is problem with win98

I use VCache setting for it.

But Vcache setting not solve my problem.

any way thanks!