[Windows 2003 SP2] nlite addon for R2?

Forgive me if this has been answered elsewhere, but I couldn't find it.

Has anyone been able to use nlite to integrate the R2 software into a windows2003 installation? Is there a guide somewhere that explains it, or has an addon been created?

nLite would be overkill if that's all you wanted to do. See this thread from 2006.

I have read that article, and following it's advice I was able to get the R2 files onto the disc. However, my boss is insisting that he doesn't want any sort of R2 installation after the base installation.

No following the R2 installation prompts after the first boot up. No runonce scripts. Nothing. The files have to be installed along with the rest of windows, and be totally installed and ready on first bootup.

I'm going to dig through the technet articles mentioned in the thread you posted. Perhaps I can fumble through the solution there. Until then, though, I'll keep poking around here. :)

The question then is WHY? If he wants R2 already installed (it's considered a *separate product*, btw, from Server 2003 SP1 or SP2) it might be wise to consider installing everything (on a base machine) and using sysprep and imagex to capture it then.

The problem with bosses is that they *want*, but they usually don't know *why* they want something or how silly their requests are. Anything can look good on paper, but the why's need to be asked (and answered) before you kill yourself over this. If your boss is just doing it because he wants it to be a seamless process, consider the sysprep/image option.