NLITE BROADCOM

Gekkemuis

Hi,

I've been searching around this forum and the whole Internet trying to find out why Broadcom NICS are not being reconised with NLITE.

What Ive done is:

Slipstreamed windows cd with Servicepack and couple of hotfixes and I addes a bunch of driver for Adaptec, Intel and Broadcom. Sofar so good.

Adaptec and Intel hardware works like charme. Broadcom NIC cards are not. They are not detected.

As I said I did find some articles regarding Broadcom and RIS drivers, so I used that RIS drivers too, and I also tried editing the .inf file.

Still Somehow NLITE doesnt see anything called Broadcom.

Did anybody out here ever got these Broadcom cards working. ? I tried every driver from there site. 32 bit and 64 bit.

Thank you verry much

Hi,

I've been searching around this forum and the whole Internet trying to find out why Broadcom NICS are not being reconised with NLITE.

What Ive done is:

Slipstreamed windows cd with Servicepack and couple of hotfixes and I addes a bunch of driver for Adaptec, Intel and Broadcom. Sofar so good.

Adaptec and Intel hardware works like charme. Broadcom NIC cards are not. They are not detected.

As I said I did find some articles regarding Broadcom and RIS drivers, so I used that RIS drivers too, and I also tried editing the .inf file.

Still Somehow NLITE doesnt see anything called Broadcom.

Did anybody out here ever got these Broadcom cards working. ? I tried every driver from there site. 32 bit and 64 bit.

Thank you verry much

Gekkemuis, don't really know what you mean by "NLITE doesnt see anything called Broadcom". NLite does not look for any piece of hardware. The user includes the drivers for the HW present and Windows detects the HW and applies the appropriate HW. When you say the Broadcom NICs are not detected, this is a Windows/HW issue not an nLite issue. Is the adapter enabled in the BIOS? Look at the DMI screen during boot and see if the device shows up there. If it is there, then post the Vendor and Device IDs. The DMI screen is one of the last screens before Windows get control. On my and possibly many machines, if you press the Pause/Break button on the KB, boot will stop so you can read the screen. A space bar will get it going again. Also, please attach (not paste) your Last Session as requested in large bold RED letters above. You should only include 32 bit drivers for a 32 bit system and same for 64 bit. Using the wrong architecture drivers will very likely get you a BSOD. It kind of sounds like you are dealing with many types of systems/cards. I hope this is not a commercial/business environment. The nLite license only allows personal use. Please read it in the nLite folder in the Program Files folder. Enjoy, John.

Is it possible you integrate more Broadcom drivers for the same series of cards but different versions in which case (I think it happened to me few years ago building a BartPE) XP might not find a match for your card in the first driver and not check in the next one ?